PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand ...

scottb
11-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Welcome to our newest forum ... enjoy. :)

Also, I will be moving some older, airbrush-related threads from other forums to this one today, FYI.

Leaflin
11-20-2003, 03:23 PM
:D :clap: Thank You Scott :clap: :D

Penny220
11-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks Scott:D

Jakeally
11-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Well done Penny and thank you Scott. This is a great addition to an already awesome community:D

jbrules
11-20-2003, 05:06 PM
woo hoo way to go. air brush forum yippeeeee

Caterwallin'
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks Scott!!!
This is great!!!!
You might want to move the two threads out of Mixed Media, I don't know!

Sam

lucidancer
11-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Thank you!
Thank you!

This is soooooo exciting!

msue
11-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be refering people here for answers so be prepared.

Ceiliog
11-21-2003, 04:00 AM
Excellent idea on this new forum - I think airbrushers needed their own space as they end up spread across all the others - hope it goes well

NeilUnreal
11-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Alright! :clap:

I guess I've got no excuse now not to airbrush. Time to check the compressor oil, beeswax and lube the brushes, and start learning to use those freehand templates.

-Neil

Tigerquill
11-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Wow,
how's that for QUICK ACTION?[/I] Thanks to Penny for staying up to the wee hours to do ALL the leg work and to Scott for his foresight. We aim to Please.......any and all airbrush questions cheerfully answered, most dilemmas conquered and ALL accomplished with good intent...... Welcome to the new airbrush forum, people... happy spraying........Tigerquill

jocelynsart
11-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks very much. There is a huge demand it seems. Great for everyone who will be able to enjoy it.
Joss

kayek
11-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Wow! This is great! Always wanted to try air brushing..in fact, I actually bought an air brush about 6 months ago..Have never even removed the shrink wrap. :rolleyes: I too, am very intimidated by the whole process, its seems.
I still need to get a compressor but I am eagerly awaiting the info and inspiration I am sure that this forum will generate.
Kaye

Keith Russell
11-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone.

I've been airbrushing since 1982, taught airbrush techniques at the college level from 1993 to 1996, and have been building a fine-art resume/portfolio over the past four years.

My work has been exhibited throughout the United States, in both science fiction convention art shows, and fine art fairs and competitions. I've been published in Airbrush Action, Airbrush Magazine and Science Fiction Age Magazine, and I've written articles for Art Calendar and Airbrush magazine.

All of my work (except the occasional pen-and-ink piece) is done mostly in aibrush, with some traditional brushwork or palette-knife work in the details, and/or for texture.

I'm hoping to finish some works-in-progress by the end of the year, and I'll be starting two new 'fine art' series in January.

This forum was a great idea (wish I'd thought of it), and I look forward to hanging out with everyone!

K

gnu
11-23-2003, 12:34 AM
I am SOO curious about this technique!! the overall winner of our inaugural art show here this month, was an airbrushed painting..I love it, many traditional medium artists are upset, but I was in awe of the beautiful blending and how the artist knew his subject so well.....
I will enjoy browsing this forum..welcome to any new WC artists joining here..
:clap: :clap:

acyaws
11-23-2003, 09:11 AM
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

BruceF
11-23-2003, 05:37 PM
:clap: :clap: Thanks Scott :clap: :clap:

I've painted with an airbrush in the past, but have been studying anatomy and figure drawing the past few years. And now I'm looking to get back into airbrushing. It's nice to have a forum just for this.

Alan Cross
11-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Alwas nice to see another fourm :D
Alan :)

coolray
11-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Hello here! We have an airbrush forum! YAAAAAAy!

Well, I will have to go find some of my airbrush projects and post them!

Scott! Thanks Bunches!

Terry

M.A.
11-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Excellent idea!

Te_Wheke
10-19-2006, 05:13 AM
Yay.. Thanks to all those who pioneered and led the way.!!

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To keep trolls from infesting WC
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Regards
TW

airbrush_ken
10-19-2006, 06:32 AM
I miss Sam and many others who have left....Paul (Corfield) JW Baker and the list goes on...

Hopefully they will see their way back soon...

Ken

Paul Corfield
01-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I miss Sam and many others who have left....Paul (Corfield) JW Baker and the list goes on...

Hopefully they will see their way back soon...

Ken

Hi Ken,
Not logged in for ages and did a search for my name today so I could catch up etc. Saw this post so thought I'd reply. Not used my airbrush for a couple of years now and even sold my Iwata Custom Micron on ebay a couple of months back, got a good price too. I'm painting in oils full time now and working under contract with the UK's biggest art publisher who are called Washington Green. They also have outlets in America as well all over the world. I had a couple of one man gallery shows with them last year and both were complete sell outs. Also my first runs of limited edition prints have all sold out too and there's a waiting list for originals. Washington Green pay me each month for my originals and I also get a royaly payment each month for print sales so it's quite a good living. I'm not painting realism anymore either, I stopped doing that around 15 months ago. A few years ago I developed a quite simple idea for landscapes using 3D software on the computer and then approached Washington Green with the idea with a view to painting them on canvas and they loved it. It all took off from there and I've developed it into my own unique style painting them in oils on canvas. It's a great new direction and I'm not tied down with the realism anymore. I find it more rewarding too and I get to play with color much more, more creativity etc. Anyway, thanks for remembering me.

Paul.