PDA

View Full Version : aaargh

pampe
07-18-2001, 08:11 PM
I started this painting at a workshop, where the instructor was stressing STRONG values...now I am lost....anyone have a word?

RBANCROFT
07-18-2001, 10:02 PM
Hi Pampe,

Strong values are definitly important and you seem to have captured them well!. I would suggest making the buildings in the background less defined (maybe painting wet on wet). These less defined objects would give the impression of depth helping seperate the foreground from the background.
-Rich

ameliajordan
07-19-2001, 03:43 PM
I think you have a nice painting going here - strong values - interesting composition. My eye is drawn to the bright green grass and I think you need something to look at there for a focal point. To me the grass isn't an interesting enough shape to be the point of the painting all by itself. On the other hand, if you want the viewer to look at the interesting pattern of shadows, then maybe dull out the green grass with some burnt sienna. I'm very impressed with your rock walls and all the colors and textures going on in them.

Kingfisher
08-03-2001, 07:41 PM
Pampe, I also like the composition . I might make the sky light at the bottom and dark at the top, more natural that way and would blend in better when you fade the background. Good job.

John

domsanto
08-09-2001, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I really like this painting. Your colors and values work very well, and the composition is also very striking.

Very successful piece.

pampe
08-12-2001, 08:01 PM
Rich, I tried to modify as you suggested and I like the results, thanks!

Amelia, thank you. I found the rocks to be so difficult....and up close, they look faked to me:confused:

Kingfisher....duh.....that got away from me and I changed it...thanks for noticing and telling me!

So here is the "improved" one: