PDA

View Full Version : I've been so busy

Luvy
11-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I've been so busy lately not much art being made. But someone today emailed me to do a portrait of him and his girlfriend. I told him half to start and the final payment on completetion? Is there anything else I should know or ask of him.? I've never been asked to do a portrait. FOR MONEY TOO LOL HEE HEE
I'm just hoping this goes well. I haven't asked yet how he found my work. I just assumed from my website.
Any help Will be greatly appreciated. Since I've not done this before. I gave him my prices and he's still contacting me *S* That's a good sign right? LOL:D And how is the best way to get payment. If I use pay pal does that have to be through ebay only?

Kathryn Wilson
11-19-2003, 10:51 PM
That's incredible Luvy!! You have to find out where they found you!

You can have a Paypal account and use it to take payment from anyone else who has a Paypal account. We have a business that is not art related and we take Paypal all the time.

Luvy
11-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks Kyle. I hope this isn't some dumb game. I'm not use to dealing with people I don't know LOL Total stranger. Hey maybe he saw my work on ebay LOL I've tried two paintings. Guess I should try another huh? You can't advertise your site though. Why is that?

Kathryn Wilson
11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Yeah, people can be hard to judge over the internet. We have had our business on the net for over 6 years now and have not been scammed yet - but one does have to be careful. I would definitely try to pin this person down as to where he/she found you.

Ebay feels that another web site is in competition with theirs, but you are allowed to put your website link in your "ME" page.