PDA

View Full Version : More Exploration

Bilateral
12-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Acrylics on canvas, approx. 36"x36"
WIP, CnC always appreciated.

Well....I've been spending the last few months experimenting with alternative ways of using pouring mediums, other than pouring. Some of them have been hysterical (the 5'x5' that contracted into a U), some hugely ugly and many have been frustrating. All of them have been educational.

This painting uses pouring medium, high solid gel and GAC500 with transparent pigments and acrylic inks. I've flipped in in every possible orientation and this seems to work best. Would love to hear what you see and what you think.
Thanks for looking.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2019/1982718-004_-_600.jpg

Perry
12-16-2019, 08:56 PM
I like your use of color and the shapes. It is enjoyable to look at.
Kinda reminds me of a wild fire.

birdhs
12-16-2019, 10:37 PM
you cannot look at me, me moves
me slithers
me slips
me slides.

No way is up ner down
which is the smile
which is the frown?
nether a an inch nor a mile

brights attract
darks show depth
whites keep collisions apart
blue skies or Caribbean seas?

abstract art when its good
needs abstract thoughts wif
words that break rules that
go with paintings that are soooo cool.

KreativeK
12-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Bilateral, wow, this one is so powerful reeling me in to explore each inch or centimeter of color and design. Keep up the good work!

Boafamily
12-17-2019, 06:04 PM
This is vibrant and full of movement. The darkness chains really anchor this piece in a powerful way as my eyes travel from each end. Bravo.

Bilateral
12-18-2019, 04:08 AM
Perry, thank you. Yup, I see where a fire image could come from.

Greggo, I :heart: your poetry. I'm gonna continue the exploration. The medium can be encouraged to produce some unique effects, most of which are visible in IRL, but get lost in a pic.

Kay, thanks so much. Its a journey for sure.

Anthony, I appreciate your eye. The color is assertive and the darker chains were added to unify and dampen, hopefully avoiding a Carmen Miranda vibe. Wouldn't want to have to wear fruit on my head to sell it.