PDA

View Full Version : The Goalpost October 2019

*Deirdre*
09-30-2019, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

My goal this month is to continue my quest to retrieve my mojo, go to as many art classes as I can...and get to know my new puppy, Megan the dachshund!

water girl
09-30-2019, 10:02 PM
I love puppies! You'll have to post a photo, or better yet, a painting! Welcome, Megan!
My goal this month is to get beyond the the drawing stage, on 3 pastels, and lay in some color. I did accomplish something for September. I took over the newsletter for our local pastel society. I got it out on time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mij
10-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Lovely goals both and yes second vote here for a painting/drawing of your new dachs puppy Deirdre.

My goals are not new as I failed to accomplish them last month. That of completing cutting the grass and oh, I've forgotten the other. I know what I need to do is the back scenes for the model railway :) .

Oh it has turned very wet here (cannot cut the grass :lol: ). Had to go to a town not too far away for a hip x-ray and it tipped down. Luckily it had stopped by the time I got there, I had to wait for some one to leave to park the car :( .
Jim.

*Deirdre*
10-01-2019, 05:46 PM
It's been persisting down here too Jim...it will stop...eventually!
Meanwhile...meet Megan!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Oct-2019/33616-megan_and_me.jpg

water girl
10-01-2019, 09:08 PM
I want one. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mij
10-03-2019, 08:45 AM
I want one. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, me too :clap: :clap: :clap: ! He looks gorgeous. Walking him might give me much needed exercise as well :lol: .
Jim.

My Beloved Muse
10-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Congratulations, Deidre. What a sweet pup!

My goal is to finish at least three ongoing paintings. It means I'll have to dig deep to do so, but I can't think of a better use of my time! Art making really is a commitment.

And good luck to all of you with your endeavors! And my best wishes for your health.

John

nha63
10-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Deidre - the puppy is gorgeous! I'm a huge dog addict. Goals this month are ongoing - get the beast that's on the easel off (which I did, and just posted - comments welcomed) so that I can get more done; get outside to paint, which I only managed once last month, instead of the two I planned; attend the Pastel Society of New Hampshire show to visit my painting and continue work on my new website https://nallenfap.wixsite.com/pastels I'd welcome comments on that too - I'm not a technophile. Good luck to everyone, and thanks for the support as always. Neal

*Deirdre*
11-01-2019, 05:44 AM
Thanks everyone… Of course I really haven’t achieved any goals this month...other than eventually getting some sleep! But having a cuddly puppy like Megan more than compensates!