PDA

View Full Version : "River of All Nations"

it'sALLart
09-02-2019, 04:15 PM
54 x 48, acrylic on canvas. Might crop the bottom off about 6 inches to get the comp from being 50/50.

Long time since I've been here... Hello!

I painted over an old one and used a formula to create squares of color from the vertical gray lines I was painting. If an area had two colors, I just divided it with a gray line either horizontally or vertically or both. And so on.... and then later envisioned the scene on top. A few washes of white and blue/black over the background and later re-painted some squares to bring up the chroma a bit.

Thanks for checking it out. :wave:

trufflecat
09-02-2019, 07:48 PM
VERY nice. Great subtle and mostly pastel colors, and I love the squares. Reminds me of a city at night, reflected.

The river and moon (or sun?) seem like a different style pasted on top. I find that a little jarring but it does add a different abstract motif.

I always like your work, and this is no exception.

it'sALLart
09-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Thanks Susan!

KreativeK
09-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Keith, welcome back and with such a tantalizing painting to show us. It must be a busy cityscape night and day with water and the sun/moon to accent its treasures. Fantastic and fun yet elegant. Love this!

jimwhalen
09-03-2019, 06:08 PM
This is REALLY good. I love everything about it!

hmshood5
09-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Love the colors-very relaxing!

it'sALLart
09-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Thanks so much, Kay, Jim and Brian!

I may tweak this one a bit more later, but it's off the wall now and I've started another. When it gets put on stretchers, I'll probably revisit it. Thanks again!