PDA

View Full Version : bottoms up

kayemme
05-29-2000, 04:57 PM
would you please clarify, i'm having some trouble understanding the butt icon's use.

in the forum, it's supposed to be for erotic art, but should that include all nudes?

i don't mean to sound so "slow" on the subject, but i found like 8 butt icon images, none of which met my erotic standards, well..except for maybe the green stocking one..

i'm not saying anyone should meet MY erotic standards.. they're pretty high, but i am a bit confused. should we include any painting with skin in the derrierre dungeon? academic nudes, really don't belong in the same arena as erotica.

please understand i'm not complaining, just want clarification.

all the best,
km

------------------
km (http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/kmarion/)

scottb
05-29-2000, 05:01 PM
That is correct - all nudes. I should have made this a bit clearer in my announcement.

Regards,
Scott

Rod
05-30-2000, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the Icon, Scott, Ideal as a warning.
Also good to see members are using word description in their titles as well,
Rod

Miltz
06-01-2000, 02:30 PM
It also seems to have come into style as social commentary, maybe we need one sticking out of a car window for that purpose! Seriously, though, km, I had the same reaction when I read the policy announcement, but the legend next to the icon seems clear and does not mention "erotic" content, so I am OK with that.
-Mark

msue
06-04-2000, 08:03 PM
However you will note that some people have adopted it as a personal icon to identify every post they make any forum. So does that mean none of their posts are serious or is it warning that the content of their posts are possibily offensive?
Just wondering.

scottb
06-04-2000, 08:56 PM
I must confess, that I haven't noticed this - I'll try to clean up the threads a bit...

Scott