PDA

View Full Version : Nude in forest

Prettitigress
07-17-2001, 02:57 PM
Nude in forest was done with acrylyc paint... size 24x18
cririque is welcomed..

jerryW
07-17-2001, 04:32 PM
this figure is the one I meant in my previous post.
very well formed. nicely positioned in the view.
the rest of the composition is a bit separated from it, but not too much.
If it is from a photo, then maybe refer back and find relationships in it to extend the painting beyond the size of the well done figure.
if not, then either crop to the fgure or add another figure or two like this one to spread the art over the whole canvas, hopefully not in the same pose.

mARZ
07-17-2001, 05:12 PM
I have to agree with jerryW about the back ground, you could try and define it a little more, give it more detail and add some darker areas to create a better sense of space.

Other then that, it looks good>

:clap:

mARZ

everetto
07-17-2001, 05:30 PM
I think the problem is more with the foreground in the sense that it isn't separated enough from the background. The figure is rendered beautifully, but you may want to give some more attention to the immediate space she is in. Notice where the leaves in the top of the closest tree gets lost in the background- The background could be left undefined if you would sharpen the closest objects.

I visited your website but it takes quite a while for your paintings to load. "Parting the Red Sea" (was that the title?) looked like a very good composition.

everetto
07-17-2001, 05:53 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2001/nudeinforest.jpg

I did a quick digital alteration to show what I meant about the separation. I hope you don't mind- This is just one of a thousand directions you could go.

Danny
07-17-2001, 08:06 PM
This figure is wonderfully done. Its great. But I,m afraid i have to agree with everyone .The illistration everetto did really caps it.Gives it closure.Gives it a finished look .:) But your on the right track. He didn't change anything only brought it farward.:)

Impulse
07-17-2001, 08:17 PM
i think you should not crop
the brown plants echo the braids in her hair
rather nicely
i think the increased contrast makes it easier to focus
as does the darker value
but it is nice rather than essential
your painting has a lot of merit

jerryW
07-17-2001, 09:32 PM
at the moment I am inclied to be agreeing with impulse