PDA

View Full Version : Sta Wet Pallets again

ivan1
07-17-2001, 08:17 AM
I'm still a little confused. Are Sta Wet pallets used for storing paint for another session only, or do they help prevent them from drying out on the pallet while in use. I have been painting outside alot this summer, but was told by the art store personnel that the sta wet pallet would not help much in keeping the paints wet on the pallet while it was open and I was working. At the moment I am using a paper pallet and spray the paints often with a water mist. I still end up with a lot of dried out paint when working in the hot sun, or wind.

VictoriaS
07-17-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ivan1
Are Sta Wet pallets used for storing paint for another session only, or do they help prevent them from drying out on the pallet while in use.

Both. I haven't worked in the sun or the wind, so that might make a difference, but it will keep the paints on your palette wet for a pretty long time, even uncovered, while you are working. I don't know, but I guess that being outside might make a difference in the rate of evaporation, so maybe you'll still need to spray them.

Victoria

ivan1
07-18-2001, 08:28 AM
Thank you Victorias. That,s very helpful. I think I will get one of these pallets and give it a try. The local art store has them in three different sizes. Any idea which would be the best? I think maybe the largest size.

VictoriaS
07-18-2001, 12:30 PM
For palettes, the bigger, the better, in my opinion, because I tend to use larger areas than what should be necessary for mixing. However, I am only painting at home at the present time, and not outdoors. I guess the advantage to a smaller size would be its easier portability. What the heck: Get both! :)