PDA

View Full Version : The Goalpost...July 2019

*Deirdre*
07-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

My goals this month are simple again...got to find my mojo...and lose a stone in weight...there it is...out there! Last month weight stayed the same...but I've tentively started painting, on canvas! Done more on the kitten in pastel too though!

Mij
07-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Thanks for starting us off again Deirdre. Is that a stone per month? That's going some. well done on the pastel of the kitten.

Our motor mower is not back so I'll have to chew away at the back garden with an electric thingy. I prefer to be pulled around by the engine these days.

I'll not mention losing weight as I have too much to lose - weight that is :lol: . I'll stick with 8lbs in a month - 2 lbs per week. My weight stayed the same last month as well :angel: .

My goals this month are to determine the best way to store tools yet keep them handy for use. If the weather is fine I might even paint the back scenes.

I wonder what other goals have been set?
Best of luck everyone :wave: .
Jim

*Deirdre*
07-04-2019, 07:03 PM
I've finally reached my goal of painting then varnishing all 18 of my neighbours garden Railway Village houses, pub, post office (Mail office?) school, shops, a church and two castle ruins!
Here's a compo of some!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2019/33616-Trevs_village.jpg

water girl
07-05-2019, 01:45 PM
What fun! No pressure. Your Mojo is showing!

Mij
07-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Those look good Deidre. I agree with WG, Definitely looks as if you mojo has been found :clap: .

I have attempted some work today which was putting up some tool boards up on the wall in the garage behind the model railway.

I got hot and bothered trying to get the power tool shelves straight so I left them to cook the evening meal :clear: .

The message from Amazon said that they'd be delivered between the 7th and the 11th, so they are early.

Ah well, back into the fray in a minute ( after a cuppa).
Jim

Mij
07-06-2019, 06:15 PM
I did not make back into fray needless to say :lol: I sat at the keyboard with a cup of tea and that was it :angel: .

Today I did the grass on the three pocket handkerchiefs of gardens we have grassed. I used the strimmer and the electric mower. It was hot hot hot.
Is that goal number 1?
Jim.

nha63
07-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Goals for July - finish another still life, enter some art shows and see what happens, read a book about an artist - haven't picked one yet - I have a huge book on Picasso I want to tackle, but length is daunting, and a nice stack of books from the antique book seller and the library fund raiser (two Rockwells, Winslow Homer and Michelangelo - most were a dollar!). Lots of life going on to interfere as well, but I'm hopeful. The village is adorable - lovely work.

Mij
07-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Hello and welcome to nha63. Those are good goals and a good start to the month. I hope real life doesn't intervene too much. It does me :) !
jim.

*Deirdre*
07-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Hello and welcome to nha63. Those are good goals and I hope you accomplish them!
Hi Jim...despite the heat (!!) a few hot days and I retreated to my cool studio! I made a start on two, one Pastel and one prelim sketch for an oil I've been asked to do.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2019/33616-rosie__Bertie.jpg Nowhere near finished, but it's a start!

water girl
07-25-2019, 10:23 PM
It's nice to see you back in the studio. I already like the expression on the closer dog. Keep going.

Anni Z
07-27-2019, 01:46 PM
I've been lurking at WC for a little while, but I just found this thread. Since it's not quite the end of July, I thought I'd post that my goal is to become more active on the WC forums! I'm a newbie to soft pastel and I'm loving the medium. There are a lot of helpful tips here!

kcwhitney
07-28-2019, 06:16 AM
Welcome. We need more lurkers to contribute.

Mij
07-28-2019, 05:35 PM
28th of July is only a couple of days before the end of the month. Unless you are a really fast worker I'd count your goals as next month's :) .
Welcome as well.
It looks as if Deirdre might have found her mojo. I've found that life intervenes too often :clear: .
Jim.

water girl
07-31-2019, 02:37 AM
Anni, thank you for joining us. This is a very supportive group, so don't be afraid to post your work, ask for comment and critique, or just comment on other artists' work. Welcome!!!

*Deirdre*
08-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Live intervened, my dogs lost out...but they are still on the easel!