PDA

View Full Version : Hi: new to forum: just a little bee!

Bizzibee
05-03-2019, 04:18 AM
Hi I usually post in landscapes and I have x-posted this there, but the lovely CaliAnn suggested I posted it here. Saw this little fella whilst visiting a National Trust garden and couldn't resist painting him! I haven't painted an animal before and it offered different challenges to landscapes. I would appreciate any c and c and thank you for looking!

Yorky
05-03-2019, 07:11 AM
Beautifully done, an apt subject.

Doug

fedetony
05-03-2019, 09:19 AM
That is a lovely bee 🐝

Vivien Maloney
05-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Bizzibee - A warm welcome to Animal & Wildlife! :wave:
Your little bee is lovely and beautifully rendered! And I love the background and flower he's busy on! Hope we will see more of your artwork on our Forum!
If you want to try more animals and wildlife out Monthly Challenge has just begun - you will find the Challenge as a Sticky at the top of our Forum's page. :thumbsup:

Bizzibee
05-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Doug thank you for taking the time to comment. Very kind. The fact it was a bee was indeed part of the attraction. I am very fond of these little creatures.

Federico thank you also for taking the time to comment. I looked at your website: what wonderful work you do!

Vivien what a lovely welcome! Thank you so much. I have been looking at all the wonderful work on here. I don't really feel equipped to comment on them individualy, but rest assured I am very impressed with all I have seen. I may well give the challenge a go, especially in view of the fact there is no landscape challenge running this month. I think I would have to go for the frog or the fish, and avoid anything furry! 😀 Thanks again.

CaliAnn
05-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Bizzibee: Your bee is just so awesome! I love how you made it and the flower the star attraction of your painting - gorgeous!

Schuee
05-04-2019, 02:55 AM
The bee is excellent, as is the flower and background. Well done. I look forward to your work on the challenges.

Bizzibee
05-04-2019, 08:07 AM
CaliAnn, thank you very much for your comment and also for suggesting I post it here. That's you always thinking of others!😊

Thank you so much Penny. Very kind of you to comment. The landscape challenge is up and running now, so I have set myself a big task committing to two. Hope I can manage it!

jennaboo88
05-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Hi Bizzibee. This is a wonderful painting. I love the warmth in your colors. It's always a lovely sight to see these little bees among the flowers. Great work!

chammi kaiser
05-04-2019, 04:56 PM
I am delighted that you posted your work on our Forum. A very warm welcome to you. Bees are so threatened and there is a strong lobby here in Germany to save the bees. Your lovely painting is very topical at the this time. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Bizzibee
05-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Thank you so much Jenna. I really appreciate your taking the time to comment. I love bees. They deserve our respect!

Chammi that is so kind of you to say! I am pleased to hear that people are fighting for this wonderful threatened species. I mentioned in the landscape forum when I posted this there, that the bees in a hive in the roof of the Notre Dame survived the fire as the smoke is not a peril to them, like it would be for us. A small piece of good news.

Triduana
05-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Hi Bizzibee, welcome to our forum :wave:

I really like your bee painting. The bee sits really well in the flower, and I love the reds. Hope to see more of your work here. :)

Bizzibee
05-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Thank you so much Kay. I hope to do so more animals: I have got my eye on that froggy in this month's challenge!

KarenESP
05-06-2019, 10:27 AM
Love the little bee, such an important creature to feature

Bizzibee
05-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Thank you KarenESP for looking and taking the time to provide your kind comment. I took the photo last summer and since then I have become more and more aware of the plight of these poor little fellas. It really in all our interests to ensure they thrive.