PDA

View Full Version : Still Life I had a lot of fun with

Mmm_Pasta
05-02-2019, 06:16 PM
This is a still life I did about two months ago. It's my favourite painting I have ever done and I had a lot of fun with it! :) I've been incorporating more of this kind of colour usage in my recent works.

Donna T
05-03-2019, 07:48 AM
You haven't been here for a while ... welcome back! This is such a vibrant and colorful still life! I like the way you let the colors lay next to each other instead of blending them all together. There's a sparkle and energy generated when the colors "talk" to each other. I hope to see more like this!

water girl
05-03-2019, 03:33 PM
I think you need to pick up your pastels more often. This is wonderful! The color, the composition...it all come together with your own creative energy. More please. :clap:

Mmm_Pasta
05-03-2019, 11:21 PM
You haven't been here for a while ... welcome back! This is such a vibrant and colorful still life! I like the way you let the colors lay next to each other instead of blending them all together. There's a sparkle and energy generated when the colors "talk" to each other. I hope to see more like this!

Thanks. I wanted to become more involved with art communities when I first joined, but at the time things were a bit difficult for me in general. Things have been good overall for me lately, though. :) In the past I've generally lay one layer of colour over another without "blending", but I definitely want to do more of the broken colour stuff here.

I think you need to pick up your pastels more often. This is wonderful! The color, the composition...it all come together with your own creative energy. More please. :clap:

Thanks! Pastels are my main medium actually. Perhaps I just need to post here more often :lol: