PDA

View Full Version : A conversation about sharing...from a Moderator

water girl
04-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Pastel Forum Members, I’d like to invite you to comment on your fellow members’ paintings. Supporting one another helps us all to grow as artists. Many, many years ago I joined Wetcanvas, and just enjoyed looking at what other pastel artists had created. I carefully took note of the critiques and comments shared. Those comments helped me grow as an artist more than all the classes and workshops I’d taken. Finally, one day, I felt brave enough to make a suggestion and say more than, “That’s nice.”

Most of us post a painting, hoping for suggestions to take our work to the next level. When a member points out strong elements in our work, that comment helps all of us. May I invite you all to get more involved and encourage one another? Take a moment to comment on a fellow artist’s work. Don't forget, if you want comments to add C&C welcome so we know you want suggestions. I have met so many pastel artists here who have pushed me to improve. If you have other friends who paint with pastels, invite them to join us.

I have noticed there are often more “guests” here than “members”. May I encourage those guests to join Wetcanvas? You will be able to comment, post your paintings for comment and have use of the Reference Image Library.

Just remember to be kind to one another. I’m sure you’ve all experienced a lift when one of us points out something amazing about your work. Share that feeling. Thank you!!!

mandalaToronto
04-21-2019, 03:45 PM
That's a great suggestion Water Girl. There are a lot of people on this forum just viewing what has been posted without commenting. Comments are sorely needed.

water girl
04-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Mandala Toronto, thank you for chiming in. We all have so much to share. It may be intimidating to put yourself out there, but it helps all of us grow. I like to think we are all friends here.