PDA

View Full Version : Girl with Green Hair Two

mandalaToronto
04-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Here is another girl with green hair. Done with pan pastels, pastel pencil on Fabriano paper
I started with green pencil all over the face.
Then followed with Pans Burnt Sienna Tint over that and then Perm. Red Tint on top of that. Then I put a Mount Vision soft pastel in a ruddy red tone on top of all that.
It is done on a dark paper so that the pinkkish skin tone stands out. When I do black skinned people I usually use a lighter coloured paper to make the black stand out. I think she turned out well. C&C welcome.

water girl
04-18-2019, 07:24 PM
That's interesting. You mentioned using green as an undertone for the skin. I'm just curious if you picked up that information from Cuong Nguyen (https://www.icuong.com/). I have seen videos of his technique.

mandalaToronto
04-20-2019, 10:21 AM
WaterGirl
Actually I picked up that tip from YOU. You mentioned that Cuong Nguyen was using this technique so I decided to try it out. It worked very well and so now with almost all my portraits I use green as an undertone. Thanks for the tip.

water girl
04-20-2019, 01:13 PM
You are welcome! Cuong is a master of flesh tones. He has taught workshops all over the world. He has, in the past, created the most amazing chalk art at large street fairs.