PDA

View Full Version : Spawning

sueg
04-07-2019, 08:00 PM
This is an oil and cold wax with acrylic skin pours, rather large, 32x40. Even though I put a lot of time into it, I realize this would never be the type of painting someone would purchase. It tends to be a little weird. I'm close to redoing it, and I'd like to ask your opinion if you feel it's too intense (subject matter) and also if the colors should be toned down. I would greatly appreciate your help on this one!

birdhs
04-07-2019, 09:05 PM
methinks you be wrong...
this would be purchased.
the subject matter is not that unusual
it is startling yet captivating

I really like this,
really really like this
it has composition, balance, great colors.
interesting subject and movement

put it up for sale, I think you might be surprised!

ronsu18
04-08-2019, 04:11 AM
the only help you need is in realising that an artist's process does not equal the end result. keep doing what you do, work the way you work. you bring joy to this world. this is bold, in motion, critical, alive. thank you!

KreativeK
04-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Put it out there for sale and see what happens. I agree it is wonderful.

laf.art
04-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Stunning work, I've been looking at it for ages

Boafamily
04-08-2019, 01:17 PM
First off you need to believe in your gift and trust that there is room in the creative world for everyone and all styles/mediums. This is not weird and is indeed a beautiful piece that collectors would love and adore, but it starts with you my friend. Many would love to pioneer a new take or style in art, so go forth and conquer.

claude j greengrass
04-09-2019, 07:51 AM
...would that I could abstract such a subject. +++

Bevahlee
04-09-2019, 05:52 PM
I think it is a very handsome piece. I love the colors and the texture. For me, though, and this is personal, the one "froglike" shape that appears to be climbing up the bank or whatever takes it from a total abstraction to a more literal piece and I'd like to not be led into subject matter and the title sort of implies that too. My personal taste is more abstraction, so take that with a grain of salt.

Bilateral
04-10-2019, 04:02 AM
Very enjoyable piece. It fits the title to perfection, as anyone whoís been near spawning fish knows. That maniacal leaping and straining...youíve captured the energy but kept it abstract. Itís as though itís happening in a lava flow.

Yes, people would definitely buy this.