PDA

View Full Version : The monthly Scumble April 2019

*Deirdre*
04-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Join us here in the Scumble. Discuss your every day lives, complaints and accomplishments. Art in progress or anything else you want to talk about.

I have another grumble.... at the moment I'm strictly on bedrest, for a partial tear of a ligament in my left knee...3-6 weeks to repair, I'm told! One and a half weeks down so far... I had just about got better, well enough for my planned op, despite the bruising on the other leg, from when I fell off the step onto the gravel...
__________________That was last weeks state of affairs...this week I've had an excisional arthroplasty and tendon tranfer on my Left foot!...but to add to my complications the right leg, referred to in red, has now devolped cellulitis! So you can picture me, both legs elevated on a wedge pillow:evil: :lol: , only allowed up for bathroom purposes for the next two weeks....arrgh!! I've been watching Portrait artist of the year on TV...not much else on!
Well enough of my grumbles - how about yours?:)

water girl
04-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Dee, Did you get the bubble wrap I sent you??? If I lived closer, I'd come make you a cup of tea and play some Scrabble with you.
I'm just sitting here watching a surf contest in Australia...it's online live. I stayed up until 4 am the other morning. The World Surf League was handing out their annual awards to the world's best surfers and I was waiting to see our son. He was pretty close to last as a presenter handing out the trophies to the World Longboard Champs.
I have my work in a small gallery an hour away from here. The ceiling fell in during the rain last month. So, I need to go pick up my paintings so they can repair the gallery.

water girl
04-06-2019, 01:09 PM
There is a wonderful art store 55 minutes north of where I live. They carry many open stock pastels and pastel pencils. Over the years I've taken many workshops in the studio room. That is where I met Dianna Ponting and a number of other pastel artists. The owners are retiring and closing the store. There is a sale to whittle down the art supplies. I returned yesterday for a last look. I did manage to pick up a few NuPastels and Rembrandts.

*Deirdre*
05-01-2019, 05:49 AM
Hi Karen...bubble wrap in situ...have remained upright! :lol: Thanks:grouphug: