PDA

View Full Version : East Channel Lighthouse in Upper Michigan

Scene Chaser
03-17-2019, 05:19 AM
Drawn from a photo by my friend, Lorell (luv2shoot). The image size is 7"x8"
pigma pens on Bristol. Comments appreciated.
Bill

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2019/83119-Scan.jpeg

Yorky
03-17-2019, 05:49 AM
Excellent work Bill.

Doug

dis4u
03-17-2019, 07:07 AM
lovely artwork mate looks great must of tanken ages well done.

LCPainterCat
03-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Bill, do you have any idea how marvelous your pen and ink works are? I look forward to each new one as it is posted, and would be thrilled to be able to buy one. (I could never afford a price worthy of your original pieces, but as a set of note cards -- that I would jealously guard and never actually use, perhaps?)

You really must look into producing a series of "local" works -- perhaps centered in and around a nearby vacation or tourist area? They would sell like hotcakes!

Lynn/LC

Payne's Grey
03-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Really nice, Bill. Very smooth shadow transitions, great foliage and excellent perspective. I like how the light catches the windows and framing.

Lynn's right. That would make a great note card.

CharM
03-17-2019, 08:54 AM
Bill, do you have any idea how marvelous your pen and ink works are? I look forward to each new one as it is posted, and would be thrilled to be able to buy one. (I could never afford a price worthy of your original pieces, but as a set of note cards -- that I would jealously guard and never actually use, perhaps?)

You really must look into producing a series of "local" works -- perhaps centered in and around a nearby vacation or tourist area? They would sell like hotcakes!

Lynn/LC

What Lynn said! Your pen is brilliant.

Luv2shoot
03-17-2019, 03:06 PM
OH MY GOSH.
I am so touched that you chose one of my photos as reference for your brilliant pen work.
The drawing shows that there is as much love and patience incorporated in this creation as there is skill and talent.

I do think that note cards with scenes of this nature would sell nicely in gift shops. You should seriously consider it. If you ever see another photo of mine that you would like to use, please let me know so that I can send you the original LARGE file.

I am blown away and flattered at the same time.
You made my day.

LORELL

Scene Chaser
03-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks Doug. Your opinion means a lot to me.

Dis4u, thanks! I usually spend 8 to 10 hours per drawing, but its a labor of love.

Lynn, you are so kind. The thought of cards has occurred to me.

John, I value your insight and very kind comments.

Char, gosh!

Lorell, your photo was brilliant and begging me to draw from it. Thanks so much for your kind remarks and your wonderful photo.
Bill

laika
03-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Softly beautiful, Bill! So very nice.

And yes to the cards!

Scene Chaser
03-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Thank you, Lamar. You're very kind.
Bill

Tracy2000
03-18-2019, 12:12 PM
WOW Bill! I'll echo what everyone said about doing a set of gift cards to sell through some shops around you - your work is absolutely amazing!

Charlie's Mum
03-22-2019, 11:47 AM
It's a lovely drawing bill - and I agree about making those cards!
... try scanning and printing on card, see what you think!:)

Scene Chaser
03-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Thanks Maureen, I really appreciate your comment. I may try the cards,
Bill