PDA

View Full Version : Have you purchased a demo video by Mark Boedges?

pleinair4me2
02-13-2019, 04:06 PM
Mark Boedges has two video demonstrations available on DVD or to download in HD. "Mountain Lake" and "Serene Waterfall".

I can only afford one at this time so I'd like to know if anyone has purchased either one of these videos and if so, are you pleased with it? Why did you choose one over the other?

Mark is an incredible oil painter. He studied with Richard Schmid and his paintings look like Schmid's.

Delofasht
02-13-2019, 05:19 PM
I have not but must wonder about buying it instead of Schmidís videos on the same subjects.

pleinair4me2
02-13-2019, 05:25 PM
I have not but must wonder about buying it instead of Schmidís videos on the same subjects.

I know what you mean. Would probably be wise to pick one of Schmid's and one of Boedges.

I see Schmid's "May" DVD is 108 minutes, priced at $75.

And Boedges "Mountain Lake" DVD is nearly seven hours, priced at $119.

Having one by Schmid and one of his students who has the skills to create paintings just like Schmid's is intriguing.

Raffless
02-13-2019, 06:02 PM
I have all the Schmid dvds. My favourite by far is the winter one. Probably because he really puts his well being into play in sub zero temperatures. Its a great watch.

I find Mark Boedges much more heavy handed than Schmid. I can see some similarity but a masters touch isnt there yet imo.

Dcam
02-13-2019, 06:15 PM
I don't do videos any more but I'll tell you; these two are sensational.
Both are inspirational and worth watching. I have both of Schmid's books on
"everything I know about painting".
When I'm in a landscape slump, I'll visit their websites.
When I do....the easel calls.

pleinair4me2
02-13-2019, 06:16 PM
I have all the Schmid dvds. My favourite by far is the winter one. Probably because he really puts his well being into play in sub zero temperatures. Its a great watch.

I find Mark Boedges much more heavy handed than Schmid. I can see some similarity but a masters touch isnt there yet imo.

Thank you for your opinion!

pleinair4me2
02-13-2019, 06:25 PM
I don't do videos any more but I'll tell you; these two are sensational.
Both are inspirational and worth watching. I have both of Schmid's books on
"everything I know about painting".
When I'm in a landscape slump, I'll visit their websites.
When I do....the easel calls.

I just visited your website.

I can see why you no longer buy painting demo videos. You don't need them.

You're a great painter!

Dcam
02-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Thanks pleinair.
I think these guys are worth watching.