PDA

View Full Version : Adriana Meiss

Yorky
02-10-2019, 05:33 AM
I regret to inform you that Adriana Meiss has passed away. I received the following message from her husband Martin:
I am Martin Meiss, the husband of Adriana Meiss, who for a long time was active on Wet Canvas, having started 50 threads, primarily, I believe, on the "Soft Pastels" and "Pastel Talk" channels.

Three and a half years ago Adriana was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Since that time she underwent four different chemotherapy regimens, and during it all she maintained her love of painting and produced many fine works, primarily in oils more recently. On January 31st Adriana died in our living room surrounded by people who loved her. She was still painting until just after Christmas, when a stroke (probably engendered by the chemotherapy and the cancer itself) left her bedridden, but even now she has a show running in the Edgewood Gallery here in Syracuse, NY. Her love of nature and of life itself still vibrates in her paintings, for us the living to experience and learn from.

I think she would like a way to say good-bye to her Wet Canvas friends. Could you please post the above paragraph on the appropriate threads, or tell me the best way to do it?

Thank you very much.

I have altered her status.

Doug

*Deirdre*
02-10-2019, 07:02 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Doug. She had many friends here, who will also miss her.Soft Pastels was one of her mediums and she enjoyed exploring them. as a reminder of her pastel work I have linked to this thread.
(http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479523&highlight=adriana+meiss)
She will be missed - R.I.P Adriana

Donna T
02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Oh this is the saddest news. I met Adriana at a gallery in Syracuse where she was having a show a few years ago. She was just as kind and friendly in person as she was here in the forum. My sincere sympathy to Martin and all of Adriana's family.

DAK723
02-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Such sad news. I met Adriana at the 5th Annual Northeast Pastel show in Old Forge, NY in 2009. What a nice person and talented artist. One of her paintings was an award winner. Here are a couple threads of interest:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562945&highlight=northeast+pastel+forge

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568642&highlight=northeast+pastel+forge

Very sad to see some of these pictures, as Paula Ford has also passed away (last year).

But the beauty of their paintings will live on.

Don

Dcam
02-10-2019, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry: She will be missed.

*Violet*
02-10-2019, 09:58 PM
I am very saddened by her death. I met her here online and then in person when my husband took an employment position in Syracuse. We visited often and kept in close contact via email and telephone conversations. The world has lost a truly beautiful person and wonderfully talented artist, and I a close friend. 😰😰😰

water girl
02-11-2019, 12:20 AM
My deepest sympathy to Adriana's husband and family. While I was not fortunate enough to meet her, I remember her beautiful paintings.

stapeliad
02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Thanks for letting us know Doug. :(