PDA

View Full Version : The Goalpost - February 2019...aka things I didn't do last month!

*Deirdre*
02-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

The only goal I achieved last month was to attend a New Years party! Unfortunately I got flue on the 30th Dec or thereabouts...and was out of it for a week...so I had a party the following week...and all my neighbours enjoyed it...as none of them had to drive home!!:lol:
However, it did delay the new diet...so maybe this month?:angel: :lol:

water girl
02-01-2019, 05:04 PM
I'll join you with the diet before the end of the month. Although, the extra padding did save me from disaster. The surf was up, the sun was shining and I took my camera and 300 mm lens to the reefs of La Jolla. A misstep on the algae covered ledge took me to the ground and to the emergency room. I'm very black and blue, and very sore. It's the lens that really took a beating.

Mij
02-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Thanks Deidre for starting us off. Losing a couple of pounds sounds like a good goal. Well after the festive season we can all do with a restriction or two...:lol: me included :lol: .
I am unsure of my weight at present as I darn't get on the scales :evil: .
So I'll join you and watergirl and shed a couple of pounds this month :angel: . Whether I meet the goal is a matter of something or other :lol: .
Other than that perhaps paint the sailing boat in Angela Gair's book and the model railway back scenes.
Good luck with the goals.
Jim.

Mij
02-11-2019, 08:10 PM
We (son and self) managed some back scene arranging for the model railway and I have painted the ends white. In painting the ends and found them so difficult that I think I am going to have to remove them to complete them.

I'm unsure of any weight loss as I have yet to modify my consumption :) .

I think I may get around to Angela Gair's sailing boat later :clear: .

How are your goals going?
Jim.

*Deirdre*
02-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Weight going down and not up this month...so far...so hoping for miracles! Bigger miracles than the scales have shown me so far!!:lol:
Karen I hope that by now the bruises have gone and the lens has been repaired?

water girl
02-26-2019, 10:05 PM
I finally met the goal of the past few months. Drum roll please. :clap: :clap: :clap: I actually printed out reference photos, sketched a seascape on sanded paper, and started a painting. The diet thing? Didn't happen yet. And yes, the bruises are gone. I am not walking on algae covered rocks again.

Mij
02-27-2019, 04:03 AM
Well done both for meeting some goals. Glad to know the bruises are fading. I have been busy doing domestic stuff. The house is being redecorated and some carpets replaced

Weight wise? Didn't even measure my weight at the beginning of the month. Perhaps I'll do better next month.
Jim.