PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge oils

Moises Menendez
01-28-2019, 07:18 AM
I am doing more oil painting especially on still life and I run into this american company which manufactures oil paints of great quality and reasonable prices. Does anyone have had an experience with these oil paints?

stapeliad
01-28-2019, 09:00 AM
Blue Ridge is wonderful.

DebWDC
01-28-2019, 03:50 PM
I have used them and think they are great (good pigmentation, single pigment colors, consistent quality, no funny stuff in the formulation, careful and quick packing and mailing) and also affordable. I think their quality is equal to Williamsburg, Harding, Doak, and Blockx. Their prices are about the same as Winsor & Newton.

I just ordered another batch a few days ago to take advantage of their January sale. I like to order from family-owned small businesses.

scmelik
01-28-2019, 05:44 PM
I love all my BRO colors.

dlWood
01-28-2019, 06:32 PM
I have been using Blue Ridge Oils for 2 years now and I love them! Eric Silver, owner and paint maker, promptly replies to emails and doesn't mind questions about anything - including asking about possibly adding a color that you love and he doesn't make yet. Right now, he's offering 10% off of orders until January 30th. It would be a good time to try some of his paint. :thumbsup:

Moises Menendez
01-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the advise. Will purchase tomorrow!

Ted Bunker
02-16-2019, 10:04 PM
It's good to see he's recovering from the horrible shop-fire a few years ago.

Lon Reams
02-17-2019, 12:12 AM
I'll have to give these guys a look. I've been using strictly Windsor & Newton artist grade. How do these compare in quality?

Moises Menendez
02-18-2019, 02:54 PM
I got those oil paints from Blue Ridge, and they are great. They are made in the USA. I don't have experience enough to compare with W&N, but I was told by some experts that these painting tubes are at the same category as Old Holland, Vasari and Harding oil tubes. That is the reason why I purchased them. In fact, I will get more in the near future.

TomMather
02-20-2019, 08:22 AM
I live in the same state (NC) as Blue Ridge oils, but Iíve never used or seen their paints in stores. I will try to visit their business next time Iím in Asheville. Ironically, it would cost me more to order their paints than many high quality paints that I can buy on line, due to shipping costs. I usually qualify for free shipping when I order supplies.

Moises Menendez
02-20-2019, 08:41 AM
I purchased several oil paints in January when they offered a good discount.
The price was quite reasonable despite being at the level of the supreme oil paints like Vasari or Old Holland. I am very satisfied and willing to buy from them again if needed. After all, they are being made in US.