PDA

View Full Version : My mom's estate has a while bunch of Bellini paint

Lmhohman
01-03-2019, 08:57 PM
My mother was an artist. She passed in 2018 and my sibling group is inn the process of settling her estate. She has a whole bunch of Bellini paint that we are trying to figure out what to do with. It comes in small boxes with three tubes per box. We figure we have roughly 160+ tubes. I do know it is not being made anymore and is considered to be highly pigmented. Does anyone have information about what this may be worth and where I can go to try to sell it? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

JCannon
01-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Bellini was incredible. The cads were good, and the rest were better-than-good. I still have two tubes from the old days. The Venetian Red is very strong, and closer to an Indian Red (that is, not so orange).

I think you can sell old Bellini tubes here on Wetcanvas. Many would suggest ebay. I'm not sure that either venue will fetch you what you deserve. I just now checked Ebay and found someone selling seven partially-used tubes of Bellini for $35. And none of those pigments are expensive.

Added: Please forgive my wretched manners -- I should have begun by offering condolences regarding your mother. This is a sad, sad duty which most of us have to perform at one time or another.

Lmhohman
01-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Thank you for your condolences. It is a sad, sad duty. She was a mother like no other and is missed beyond measure. I am certain that some of the paint will remain with the family. I am also certain that she would be pleased if some of her paint ended up in the hands of appreciative artists and on canvases throughout the country.

I am a total newbie to forums of any kind and am just learning how to use them. I will explore how to post items for sale on Wetcanvas. I am also totally ignorant about the differences in the types of paints..."cads vs. the rest". I have discovered that the price of a tube of paint can vary widely between colors. I have a little self-education do.