PDA

View Full Version : The Goalpost - January 2919....AKA New Year RESOLUTIONS!!

*Deirdre*
12-31-2018, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Mij
01-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Hi there Deirdre, thanks for continuing with the thread. I have been discombobulated some-what over the last few months. Health of us both and computer problems have not helped. This thread seems to have been isolated and nobody has called in. My W7 desk-top has gone again and I am desperately trying to keep it going. The adverts on W10 is driving me nuts.
I (read one of my sons) made the back scene out of hard-board and stuck some commercially made scenic images on it. I said I could possibly do the rest in acrylic which he heartily endorsed but as I said it would be easier via the post :) .
What is next :angel: .

1. Paint the back scene hard board white and then add the sky, trees and mountains.
2.Lay a temporary track and see if it works.
3. Do the next acrylic from Angela Gair's book , I think it's the sailing boat.

I should have done the boat by now but SWMBO came first :lol: .

We have done a lot. The garage is now insulated, floor, walls. ceiling and a new insulated door fitted. An MSF clock obtained (the clock is timed by radio frequency-it used to be from Rugby but these days from anywhere-I have not kept tabs on it). LED light tubes obtained and fitted - the latter bit by my son. The baseboards are finished and painted brown (earth colour) and I am about to tidy up a bit as well as get back to painting.
Jim.

Mij
01-31-2019, 05:21 PM
Tomorrow is the Ist of February. I have not accomplished any of the January goals. There is nobody to drive me on and it's so easy to switch on the computer and idle the time away :angel: . Perhaps I'll do better next month :wink2: .
Jim.

*Deirdre*
02-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Tomorrow is the Ist of February. I have not accomplished any of the January goals. There is nobody to drive me on and it's so easy to switch on the computer and idle the time away :angel: . Perhaps I'll do better next month :wink2: .
Jim.
That makes 2 of us Jim! Where did January go?:eek: