PDA

View Full Version : Watercolor Pencils

UsagiBunny
08-28-2000, 05:14 PM
I've got these new things, watercolor pencils and I kinda like them, but I don't (Ha!) Does anyone know any good tips??

------------------
UsagiBunny

sassybird
08-28-2000, 07:11 PM
I have used watercolor pencils for years. I dont' use them alone, however. In my watercolor pieces I use the pencils to define areas and then go over them with a medium wet brush. At times I will lay down thin layers of the pencil in larger areas and work it like a wash.

------------------
sass

J A
09-05-2000, 07:44 PM
I, too, have used watercolor pencils for some time. But, I never use them alone either. I tend to use the pencils for some of my very intricate lines and details, always keeping their use to a mimimum. They seem to lend themselves well to the "sharp focus/realistic" textures of my style.

ameliajordan
09-06-2000, 07:07 PM
I've just used them for details like red streaks on an apple ala. Rod's lesson.

Lady Artist
09-11-2000, 04:04 PM
Hi! I'm new to this forum. May I jump in here? I'm a professional watercolorist and red-in-the-face about admitting that I've had this set of watercolor pencils looking at me for about a year and I have only tried them once or twice. The colors seem more brilliant than my tube colors and I'm not sure how to control them.

Any suggestions?

I like to use a lot of texture in my work. I think if I could get the knack of these that I'd really have something going!

pampe
05-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Bump

maursey
05-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi all.
I also am new here.

I too have a set of watercolour pencils but I can't seem to get on with them