PDA

View Full Version : Any way you wish

NorahT
07-15-2001, 02:18 PM
When I read Faafil's comment about his yellow sky, it reminded of a workshop I did in Jan.98. The only prerequisite was that we work on full size 300lb watercolour paper. As the teacher started the class various people ask questions, the answer to most being "Whatever you wish." Finally I said to her "So we cannot make a mistake?" and she said no.

Was that ever liberating. I sploshed around, big and bold and the result was the first painting I ever framed. I cropped the painting from a photo of a bigger scene, so it loses a little in the translation, but I think you will get the idea.

Javier
07-15-2001, 03:00 PM
NorahT, a friend of mine did a painting of a similar theme and submitted it at an art show -- it took second place. Your painting is bold and bright and worthy of being framed.

Congratulation on your first framed creation. I would imagine by now you have framed many more.

The Best,

majaya
07-15-2001, 10:33 PM
The key here is to find a way to let loose your cares and feel free with the brush. I once took a beginners class, was presented with a vase of flowers and struggled for a few hours to ' get it right'. Well finally I thought I had done the best i could and decided that I was finished,although I wasn't satisfied. I had ten minutes left of the class and so I rearranged a bouquet, picked up the brush and started dropping paint and having a ball. The result was more satisfying that many of my attempts to date. Your poppies speak of the fun you had. They reach actually reach out! Mary

Faafil
07-16-2001, 03:50 AM
Hi Norah !

I loved your comment to my newbie post ! :D

Someday I hope I can 'splosh around' as well as you do... that painting is gorgeous...

Mary Lou (aka Faafil)

Rosebud
07-16-2001, 09:35 AM
Poppies are one of my favorites !!

Beautiful work :clap:

Painting's more fun if we loosen up and ENJOY !!

Rose

Leaflin
07-16-2001, 03:15 PM
A beautiful bold painting, and a great story.
I think your instructor was wise :)

NorahT
07-16-2001, 05:34 PM
Javier, majaya,Mary Lou, Rosebud, leaflin - thank you all for your input and kind comments. It was a fun day and she is a great teacher :)