PDA

View Full Version : Sandhammare lighthouse

Rosemarie
07-15-2001, 12:40 PM
I was on this beach and the sun was shining and I turn around and saw this light house. It is a fast sketch but please comment.
Ah, yes I know, the roof looks like a hat but there you are, it is painting and not photography

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2001/Sandhammar_fyr.jpg
Sanford paper, 300 g, ca 13 x 10 cm

sun_merman
07-15-2001, 01:28 PM
Hi Rosemarie!

Again, I like the use of strong colors.

The same question I posed in the other thread...where is the light coming from?

Because of the bold color, I would like (for me) to see more detail in the light house to draw my eyes there. The strong green pulls me too...I guess I would ask the question, what do you want me to look at most?

Nice for a fast sketch... :)

Javier
07-15-2001, 03:16 PM
Rosemarie, "Sandhammare Lighthouse" is a lovely painting. The first thought I had at viewing it was 'fresh'. And it is a very refreshing composition. BTW, this is a very good plein air painting.

I would like to make two comments:
First, I real like the vignette style of your painting.
Second, don't forget there is an Art Project for Lighthouses -- maybe you have already entered this painting, but if not why not?

The Best,

NorahT
07-15-2001, 03:37 PM
Hi Rosemarie - this is a very good sketch - it gives all the essentials in case you wished to make a finished painting of the scene. I haven't had the courage yet to make sketches in paint, but judging from yours I can see the advantages :)

caro
07-16-2001, 01:56 AM
nice sketch! i especially like the colours you have used :)! they give the painting a very crisp look!!

Leaflin
07-16-2001, 02:59 PM
Rosemarie
This is great for a fast sketch.
You swiftly captured the moment.
Where is Sandhammare?
I hope you add it to our growing lighthouse collection.:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.msql?proj_id=66

Rosemarie
07-17-2001, 12:08 PM
Thank you everyone!

Leaflin, Sandhammaren is in the very southern parts of Sweden, in the left "corner" east of the town Ystad.

If the photo I took at the same time comes out al right I might upload it and also join the light house project.