PDA

View Full Version : Lysklippen, Bornholm,DK

Rosemarie
07-15-2001, 12:14 PM
Hi!
I home from a week of plein air painting at the southern eastcost of Sweden. We also went to Bornhlm, a danish island that is closer to Sweden then Denmark.
Please comment

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2001/Lysklipplille.jpg

sun_merman
07-15-2001, 01:20 PM
Hi Rosemarie!

I love your use of strong colors..., I'm fond of them too.

I'm wondering where the light was directed from in this scene...it would be helpful to have darker values on the rocks to indicate where your light source is.

One other possibility would be to do a wash of the ocean smoothing out the water which would accentuate the rocks in the foreground.

Thanks for sharing :)

Javier
07-15-2001, 03:25 PM
Rosemarie, your painting, "Lysklippen, Bornholm, DK" is a bright and happy piece of art. I enjoyed viewing it and I thank you for sharing it with WC.

The Best,

Rosemarie
07-16-2001, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the comments!

sun_merman - The sun came from above, it was in the middle of the day towards afternoon, so the few shadows I've painted are those I saw. I had a probelm with the sea because I didn't find the saturation at once. I can see that some smoothing wull help to show the cliff better. But I don't know if I dare to do it now, I might ruin the whole painting!??

Leaflin
07-16-2001, 04:30 PM
Rosemarie
Both this piece and the lighthouse have wonderful bight colours.
The feeling I get from both is what a good time you had being there and working on your art.
Plein air seem to agree with you! :)