PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble13 November

soap
11-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Hi All,
Time for a scumble, I thought.
It's good to see Madder back!! And she even brought some lovely landscapes as well. I wonder where in Holland those were painted?

What are you all up to today, my fellow pastelists?
It looks like a gorgeous (although cold) day here, but rain is forecasted for later today. My plans are always numerous, but I often fail to do them. I'd like to do some work on my thesis today (yes, for you that know about it; it was done, but now the comments from the 'learned men' have come in, so I am back at the desk) and would also like to go round a/some shop(s) and dare to ask if they want to hand out my cards. pr...and such.....brr....scary.

No painting, unfortunately....I put it away because we needed the room I use, and am reluctant to unpack them as I won't get any other work done then. But I am sure I won't resist for much longer......:D

E-J
11-13-2003, 05:54 AM
My day began with a loud yellow SPLAT when I accidentally knocked the egg I was about to boil for my breakfast onto the kitchen floor. I ended up going into the supermarket to buy something to eat on my way to work and the cashier wished me a happy christmas!! :rolleyes: Now I'm at the office and should be working ... so I'll see you all later ;)

anney
11-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Hello,

Started the day with a German lesson, then bougth a little piece of steatite. I would also need to widen my dark pastels palette, but I have to travel a bit to go to the rigth shop for that.

After two foggy days, there is a nice sun today.

Have a creative day,

Anne.

vrashton
11-13-2003, 11:56 AM
A quiet day for me today. Meeting friends for lunch, which is always nice. It is snowing pretty hard here although the roads appear okay, so I hope lunch is still on.
Val

nancymae
11-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Working on depreciation today....(accounting stuff) for my job. But I did get a chance to finish some sketches last night for a commission on a watercolor of a church that was built by the person's grandfather. Lots of history. I am currently trying to do a Xmas card too...with pastel..of one of mustcreate's photos in the IL of peppermint sticks....don't know if it will turn out.

I try and do art every day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen....need to plow out a path every now and then and clothes don't clean themselves.

It's cold up here today..every windy. Last night we had snow (Larry S. will be happy)...but it's too windy to be out painting!!

Hope everyone else has a wonderful day!!

Nancy

Dark_Shades
11-13-2003, 01:36 PM
well Ive just had a real sh*te day :mad: ....... luckily for everyone, just had a wonderful message in PM .... which has just blown all that away :D

Well I had my 'Lunchtime Language Taster' in Spanish yesterday..... Me llamos Dawn :clap: Cero, Uno, Dos... ok ... ya get the idea :) ...... next week is Painting with Pastels .... woooooo hoooooo, so Im obviously going to that one, and the week after is Reflexology which Im also very interested in, got books n stuff on that, so going along on that one too

Adios
Chao

Tammar
11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Good day to all...

Here in upstate New York it is cold & starting to snow plus it's gusty & windy (50 mph)....................................Yuk!

But it's days like this that I can't wait to get home from work and work on a project. I actually enjoy being snowed in during the winter - it's the getting home from work part that stinks!

I finished setting up my studio last night so I'm really excited to begin a new painting in it tonight. I used to work in my basement - but now I converted our den into a studio. Not only will this be the first time working in my new studio, but it will be the first time with my new easel. All of these firsts ....mmmm....maybe this will be my first masterpiece???

E-J
11-13-2003, 05:56 PM
So Dawn ... will you be teaching the Pastels class yourself? Hope it isn't a pastel 'taster' as we don't want you ingesting any pigments :D

My day at work was pants, too. I'm not painting tonight. I'm too fed up with my 'Glade' landscape, which is turning into a piece of rubbish because I don't really know how to apply the advice I was given ... big sigh ... I suppose things can't always go right.

Dark_Shades
11-13-2003, 06:53 PM
lol EJ, thought you was going to say am I going to teach the Pastel class in Spanish ha ha ha
..... well Im STILL spitting BULLETS at the day Ive had!!! .... and in two minds if to email my boss from home, to call for a meeting tomorrow morning...... knowing me, I'll probably make a very bad situation worse......... but Im so angry!!! ... and p'd off!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

guilliame
11-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Well iv'e just got through the last couple of days working,been busy,long days and dark evenings,so not done much to speak of just some scribbles,anyway i will be away for a while,started to pack passport pastels and pad:D might be able to do something but not plaine aire as it will be to cold,i have popped in and there is good stuff being posted but haven't had much time to comment,some have caught my eye like Impetes post for the wagon project,love this type of painting when you cut loose,
DS,nice thoughts and gesture for your poppy,i liked it,and the girl with the flower blew me away,
Barb,even your horrible portrait was still painted in your own wonderful indomitable style,
Mo get that figure skater done:D
Crazy keep up the mix and match you will have to fix the oil pastel before using soft:D glad you liked my van gogh,i only copied the pastel strokes from a book of his paintings.
There are others and i apologize for not commenting individually,but just in case you read this well done everybody:clap:
Now gotta make my list,euro's,tickets,tea bags:D