PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Eve Mews

rosta
11-08-2018, 04:29 AM
Our local art shop had an offer on a pack of Uni-Pin pens which included a brush pen and fine liners in two shades of grey and sepia (whoo-hoo!). Here's the first trial with the brush pen and grey fine liners. I also use a Kuretake brush pen and its drawn in an S & B Alpha.

This is from a photo taken in August on the way to visiting the Japanese Gardens in West Kensington, London. I was particularly taken by the shadows cast down the street.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2018/2076281-IMG_20181108_0001.jpg

pedlars pen
11-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Very nice Ron, I very much like the style & composition of this piece.
One less mark & it would have been somehow lacking ,one more mark would have been superfluous & weakened the whole suggestive power of this drawing.
Great stuff !
Mike

Charlie's Mum
11-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Sunlight and shadows are really intersting from an art perspective and you hit on a really nice composition here.
.......erm - your shadow from the figure is a tad wrong!!!!:lol: - should be from the feet and at the same angle as the wall shadow on the right I think.

I like the lighter tone of the eflected light on the top of the arch.

Very nice sketch Ron.

rosta
11-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Thanks Mike and Maureen for your kind comments.

Maureen - Yes, you are right the shadow is wrong, I drew the figure with shadow, then realised it was too small. I lengthened the legs and body but the effect was that it left the shadow behind. :lol:

Oh well too late to go back now, on to the next drawing.

RoadLessTaken
11-11-2018, 11:02 PM
Wow, I really like this! It tells a story and, as someone else mentioned, it's just the right amount of detail. The eye fills in a lot.

I'm horrible figuring out the direction of shadows. It's something I need to work on because they definitely anchor a piece.

Thanks for sharing!
Sheila aka RoadLessTaken