PDA

View Full Version : refillable fine liner

lost0ne87
10-15-2018, 07:13 PM
Is there a refillable fine liner that is refillable and thats not copic (i heard that they not great).. my dad had a rotring but they leaked like crazy.

Regards

tiago.dagostini
10-16-2018, 11:05 AM
Rotrig are the best ones, but you need to use their proper ink to not corrode the seals inside it.

pedlars pen
10-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Yep Rotring are the best ones, that's a very widely accepted fact.
But the truth is though, that ALL technical pens (that's their proper name) are inherently prone to leaking & flow problems due to their design.
Yes copic fine liners work in a similar way to a technical pen & although better they still do not give such a wet line nor feel the same in use.
Are you up to date with the latest fineliner market, proper fine liners ? - They have improved a lot since they were first available.
Mike

lost0ne87
10-16-2018, 05:45 PM
Yep Rotring are the best ones, that's a very widely accepted fact.
But the truth is though, that ALL technical pens (that's their proper name) are inherently prone to leaking & flow problems due to their design.
Yes copic fine liners work in a similar way to a technical pen & although better they still do not give such a wet line nor feel the same in use.
Are you up to date with the latest fineliner market, proper fine liners ? - They have improved a lot since they were first available.
Mike

I have many non refillable pens. My personal favourite is the Uni Pin drawing pen. To be honest I tried the rotring many years ago.

pedlars pen
10-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Me too ,I rarely use fine liners at the moment but when I do , I too use uni-pins.
So why ask about the Rotring replacement ?
What does that do for you that a uni doesn't ? OK , you can't refill it but is it the greater sense of touch a Rotring offers that appeals ?
Mike.

lost0ne87
10-16-2018, 07:43 PM
Me too ,I rarely use fine liners at the moment but when I do , I too use uni-pins.
So why ask about the Rotring replacement ?
What does that do for you that a uni doesn't ? OK , you can't refill it but is it the greater sense of touch a Rotring offers that appeals ?
Mike.

I like the feel of the uni-pins but like the idea of refillable inks of the copics or the rotring (copic seems more simple with its cartridge)

Just seems a waste to throw the pens out when empty. I got the copic sketch pen and just love the idea of able to refill them, I heard the copic fineliner just drys out and has not got a good ink flow.

laika
10-17-2018, 12:50 AM
I have many non refillable pens. My personal favourite is the Uni Pin drawing pen. To be honest I tried the rotring many years ago.

Are you sure that there's no way to refill your Uni Pin? I have several "disposable" fountain pens that can be refilled. I don't know about the particular pen you're using, but some non-refillable pens can (Microns) can easily pe refilled. Search around a bit and maybe you'll that your pens come apart in some way.

pedlars pen
10-17-2018, 05:12 AM
I like the feel of the uni-pins but like the idea of refillable inks of the copics or the rotring (copic seems more simple with its cartridge)

Just seems a waste to throw the pens out when empty. I got the copic sketch pen and just love the idea of able to refill them, I heard the copic fineliner just drys out and has not got a good ink flow.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2018/1267204-_copic_multiliner.jpg

Ah good I see, have you tried this Copic https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/CP00819/copic-multiliner-sp-drawing-pen as you can see it is designed to be refilled & copis offer their ink which is designed for them.
The unique thing about the multi liner is that it is not a very small felt tip but in fact works on the same principle as the Rotring technical pen - you know like a fine tube with a needle in it to regulate the flow. These are widely used & well thought of. I cannot say the ink flow is strong but it does leave a good black mark.
Don't be tempted though by the tiny 0.03mm size it is a step too far for the design & always quickly breaks down :eek: !
However the 0.05 size just above it works just fine.
Mike

lost0ne87
10-17-2018, 11:52 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2018/1267204-_copic_multiliner.jpg

Ah good I see, have you tried this Copic https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/CP00819/copic-multiliner-sp-drawing-pen as you can see it is designed to be refilled & copis offer their ink which is designed for them.
The unique thing about the multi liner is that it is not a very small felt tip but in fact works on the same principle as the Rotring technical pen - you know like a fine tube with a needle in it to regulate the flow. These are widely used & well thought of. I cannot say the ink flow is strong but it does leave a good black mark.
Don't be tempted though by the tiny 0.03mm size it is a step too far for the design & always quickly breaks down :eek: !
However the 0.05 size just above it works just fine.
Mike

I think I get one and see how they are. I dont like 0.03mm as I find it dont flow as nice but 0.05 is fine.