PDA

View Full Version : October - Pen and Ink Challenge

Charlie's Mum
10-01-2018, 09:14 AM
We're continuing our Drawing from Life challenge in Pen and Ink and hope many will join us!

Let's capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

All suggestions/subjects/themes come from those who participate!:lol:

*********NOW – here’s where you do your part – as well as your drawing, of course!
As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for September .... another entry? - another suggestion!:)
By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!***********

One important rule -Entries must be at least 75% pen and ink in any colour - and wash or colour may be added.

Your suggestions for Octoberr:

a tool or group of tools.

Any type of vehicle.

a phone (or mobile)

a favorite beverage

September was very quiet - I do hope more can join us this month!

Happy drawing!

IsobelW
10-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Two quick sketches. The phone done with a gel pen and washed out, the mug done with a brush pen. Both done without guidelines.

Charlie's Mum
10-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Good shape to the phone Isobel - thanks for starting the ball rolling here!:)

And, for next month...............?

Lotsodots
10-07-2018, 06:25 PM
A phone done with .1 and .3 micron pens in small sketch book.

For next month... something having to do with cooking.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2018/1814528-img116.jpg

Nice technique Isobel. I especially like your phone.

Charlie's Mum
10-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Nice sketch Wayne :thumbsup:

Charlie's Mum
10-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Next month's suggestions -

...to do with cooking

artastic
10-10-2018, 10:33 AM
this is a drawing of my bookbinding tools

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2018/104250-Oct_tools.jpg

next month: a winter scene (or spring if it is on the other side of the world)

Tresgatos
10-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Book Binding looks interesting - lots of tools needed. Thought about creating a book using Publisher but not sure if that is the right program to use. Need to investigate. Wondered how I would put it together once printed. Looks like quite a learning curve. Thanks for sharing - nice sketches.

Nice sketches on the phones and mug :clap:

Thought I would do a quick sketch of a needle nose plier, a pen, and my hand under the heading of Tools.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2018/113757-TOOLS.jpg

Thank you for hosting this month.

Did we do dry leaves or plants yet? If not maybe add it to the list for next month.

lizzievesham
10-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Isobel & Wayne - Well done to both of you for your phones. I once tried to draw my phone and found it such a challenge that I've not attempted it since. Too many buttons and subtle curves for me.

Bonnie - I very much like your bookbinding tools, although that hole punch looks like it could do some serious damage in the wrong hands. :)

Tresgatos - Lovely sharp points on the pliers and lots of form in the tool shapes. Well done hand too.

Here's my wonky attempt at a tea pot. Tea is not actually my favourite beverage but I just wanted to draw this pot. I nearly changed my mind once I started though because there were so many elipses and curves. Never mind, it was fun to try. It was done on Kraft paper with micron pens and a white pencil for highlights.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2018/116752-teapot.jpg

Suggestion for next month, something you can wear.

Charlie's Mum
10-12-2018, 10:45 AM

...to do with cooking

autumn (or spring) scene

Dried leaves or plant

something to wear

Charlie's Mum
10-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Good drawing of all those tool Bonnie!

Barbara - well done with that hand! - and good work on the pliers(?) - those handles are well-rounded!

Lizzie - quite a challenge to set yourself! Well done - and very effective on the coloured paper too.

Tresgatos
10-13-2018, 01:44 AM
Lizzie - love the drawing of the teapot - my fav beverage

artastic
10-13-2018, 09:27 AM

...to do with cooking

autumn (or spring) scene

Dried leaves or plant

something to wear

and mine was

a winter scene (northern hemisphere) or spring (southern Hemisphere)

Charlie's Mum
10-31-2018, 12:40 PM
Thanks Bonnie - I'll post the new challenge tomorrow - we've been somewhat taken over tis month by Inktober!.... but what a great month that proved to be!