PDA

View Full Version : Who is already preparing to inktober?

tiago.dagostini
09-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Who already is preparing for Inktober? I could not try it last year because it was a very turbulent moment of my life, so I am anxious to try this year.

Will have to draw a few days at work to make it since I could cover only half of oktober with my vacations!

Charlie's Mum
09-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Tiago - I think Inktober is normally run on Facebook (or some other social media platform!) but I'm quite happy for us to have a thread here in the forum if you wish to post your work here - or, if people prefer to run their own Inktober threads here, that's fine too!
The more, the merrier!!:lol:

DavePete
09-24-2018, 10:04 PM
If thinking about doing it counts...Then I'm preparing

eeglug
09-27-2018, 11:00 PM
I did it last year for the first time and am ready to take it on this year. There was a thread here last year where a bunch of us posted our work every day.

LoganArt
09-28-2018, 09:17 AM
I have never done it. Iím in. And would much rather share here than FB, if thereís going to be. A thread. Anyone taking the related workshop?

maritajill
09-29-2018, 04:28 AM
This will be my fourth year! I showed them on Instagram but would be happy to play here too. The first time I worked in a pocket size Moleskine while we were travelling in Sicily. I am so glad I did it as I sketched much more than I would have and now have a wonderful souvenir of our trip. Later years they have put out an official theme list.

Charlie's Mum
09-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Ok, I'm quite happy to open a dedicated Inktober thread for those who wish to share here.:)

eeglug
09-29-2018, 11:39 AM
I will be traveling a bit during inktober so I may be challenged trying to post images to wetcanvas from my phone!

Otherwise everything I do will be on instagram.

laika
09-29-2018, 06:08 PM
I will be traveling a bit during inktober so I may be challenged trying to post images to wetcanvas from my phone!

It can be done! On my android phone, I copy my work with Google PhotoScan, the n crop, rotate, and chop to a suitable size for WetCanvas with Pixlr, then use my phone's file manager to help upload to WC.

I'm incredibly clumsy with Google PhotoScan, but I think the fault is with me. But the above method (or something similar) would likely quickly become trivial and routine for you.

eeglug
09-29-2018, 08:20 PM
It can be done! On my android phone, I copy my work with Google PhotoScan, the n crop, rotate, and chop to a suitable size for WetCanvas with Pixlr, then use my phone's file manager to help upload to WC.

I'm incredibly clumsy with Google PhotoScan, but I think the fault is with me. But the above method (or something similar) would likely quickly become trivial and routine for you.

Thanks! I'll experiment before I hit the road.

maritajill
09-30-2018, 07:48 AM

Otherwise everything I do will be on instagram.
Iím posting from my iPhone. I think you can post one image per 24 hours. The clever software on WetCanvas manages to shrink it to a happy size. Join in while youíre travelling as I will, as well as IG 😎

fritzthefox
09-30-2018, 05:22 PM
I just stocked up on a bunch of pens. I'm celebrating Inktober in my own way, though...I'm not going to create a unique piece of art every day. While I'm sure that is good practice (and good social media fodder), I think in the end all I would have is a bunch of small, uninteresting studies that I would ultimately stuff in a box and forget about. I prefer to work on a more ambitious pen and ink project, and dedicate time to it every day.

eeglug
09-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Ok here's a test image to be sure I can do this all on the phone. I think it worked! (I'm using an Android app called JustResizeIt)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2018/99382-20180927_115045_800x600.jpg

laika
10-01-2018, 12:26 AM
Good for you, eeglug! Looking good!

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to skin this particular cat :) Most of the time for a while now, all I've had is my android phone to work with and it's really not so much of hurdle for most things.

Charlie's Mum
10-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Well done Michael!

October, so I'll go make the thread for your inking!

Fritzthefox - by all means share each update in the thread though - it'll be nice to see your drawing's progress!

Charlie's Mum
10-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Thread is up - and stuck!!