PDA

View Full Version : The goalpost July 2018 - Share your targets!

*Deirdre*
07-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

As I mentioned in the Scumble, 2 weeks post op, had my right foot operated on for Scarf & Akin Bunion correction and 2nd Hammer toe Osteotomy....which entailed 2 weeks mostly in bed with foot elevated on a wedge...up to the bathroom only. Did as I was told, and was rewarded by being one of the 29% who get back into trainers after 14 days...result! of course it will be six weeks or so before I can drive again...and 12 weeks until the bones get to 1/2 their previous strength but for nice straight toes, I'm willing to wait! Spent my working life wearing sensible shoes and still end up with bunions...I blame my mother. I'm sure it's inherited...hers were worse than mine! I still have to spend a lot of the day with my foot elevated but at least I can walk on it now. But I'm back on my feet, which means I actually achieved last month's goal!

Mij
07-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks for starting us of Deirdre.
You have had the op on your foot and did what you was told - good girl :clap:!
And you are walking again - that is good in it self.
If time passes as quickly as it does here you will soon be driving. Such a bonus. I wonder how watergirl got on with her MRI? I have not heard from Robert, I hope he is ok.
My lad rang me on Saturday afternoon and came up in the evening. He got 3/4 of the roof of the shed done and ran out of the felting. I am not sure what you call it over in the states. Any way I got another roll (5 feet) and will finish it this month (hopefully).
My goals this month:-
1.Finishing the shed roof.
2.Sort out some garage stuff
3. Get some trains running.
4. Complete the next sketch with acrylic.
5. Cut the grass back and front (got a new S.P.(self propelled) and E.S. (electric start)) mower as I am unable to push the electric ones around and cannot find a person who will do it for me :(.
Jim.

water girl
07-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Great news, Dee! Next summer you'll be showing off those pretty toes in some fashionable sandals.
Jim, you are such an inspirations with all your projects.

*Deirdre*
07-02-2018, 11:58 AM
That's a long term goal Karen, for now, I just want to walk without pain, and get back to driving, and of course get my mojo back! :lol:

Mij
07-03-2018, 07:59 AM
That's a long term goal Karen, for now, I just want to walk without pain, and get back to driving, and of course get my mojo back! :lol:
Can I get a pun in here? Take ' small steps, put one foot in front of the other' :lol:.
Sorry! Couldn't resist it :). I am pleased to hear that all is going to plan.
Karen, how did the MRI go, ok I hope?
I am good at setting myself goals Karen but fulfilling them is sometimes beyond circumstances for one reason or another. Usually they will carry across to another month though - like the shed roof :).
Jim.

water girl
07-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Hi, JIm. Had the MRI in February or March I think. I have a spinal cord injury from the 80's , followed by 3 surgeries, and my car and body have been rear ended 5 times, so the results were not a surprise. Everything is twisted, tilted and compressing. The new doctor walked in and she said she was very surprised I'm mobile. :lol: :lol: :lol: She just doesn't know how tough an old bird I am! I doubt I could hike the Himalayas, but that's OK>

Mij
07-04-2018, 03:51 PM
It is pleasing to read that you can still walk after being rear-ended 3 times Karen. I do watch the dash-cam recordings from over the world. It's amazing how some peeps drive :eek:!
I have got another roll of felt so the shed will get done this month - I hope :).
Jim.

CM Neidhofer
07-04-2018, 06:11 PM
This month's only goal is to overcome what's left of my health issues and start to feel better again!

Mij
07-23-2018, 03:02 PM
I hope you are able to overcome the health issues this month Christine. Our health is so fundamental to everything we attempt.
I found this out this past week when I went to our GP with a shortness of breath issue on Monday the 16th . It was a Pulmonary Embolism or a clot on the lung :eek:. It meant a stay in hospital and was discharged this afternoon the 23rd. Whatever is said about the NHS it really works when needed :):wave::thumbsup:.
Jim.

water girl
07-23-2018, 09:46 PM
Christine and Jim, take care of yourselves.

Mij
07-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Thanks Karen. The shed roof was done before my hospital episode so that is one down :clear: some more to go though :lol:. I will leave the grass cutting until next week :smug:.
Jim.

Mij
07-26-2018, 11:53 AM
As there are few of us about I thought I'd include a couple of photo's of the shed re-roofing and the garage lights that no 2 son had fitted in the main but came down last evening to finish off. They work fine and because they are LED tubes they are only 37W- that works out at less than a 1/3 rd of an amp each.
Jim.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2018/69634-shed_roof.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2018/69634-garage_lights.jpg