PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble July - August 2018

CM Neidhofer
07-01-2018, 02:14 AM
Well, June certainly flew by!! Too many health issues to deal with and no motivation to paint anything. A few more appointments and hopefully I'll be all fixed up again. Join us here in the Scumble. Discuss your every day lives, complaints and accomplishments. Art in progress or anything else you want to talk about.

Here's a link to last month's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448627

*Deirdre*
07-01-2018, 05:38 AM
Well I'm improving too! 2 weeks post op, had my right foot operated on for Scarf & Akin Bunion correction and 2nd Hammer toe Excisional Arthroplasty....which entailed 2 weeks mostly in bed with foot elevated on a wedge...up to the bathroom only. Did as I was told, and was rewarded by being one of the 29% who get back into trainers after 14 days...result! of course it will be six weeks or so before I can drive again...and 12 weeks until the bones get to 1/2 their previous strength but for nice straight toes, I'm willing to wait! Spent my working life wearing sensible shoes and still end up with bunions...I blame my mother. I'm sure it's inherited...hers were worse than mine! I still have to spend a lot of the day with my foot elevated but at least I can walk on it now.:evil: :lol:

water girl
07-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Hello, ladies. I hope your health journeys make a "right" turn soon and you'll look back on this as just a bump in the road. I finally pulled out the summer shorts yesterday. Living on the coast, it has still been around 70 degrees F, 22 C for some of you. In the next week it will begin to warm up for us and remain so until October. I found a baseball-bat sized zucchini in the garden. They seem to double in size over night. I'll be baking and freezing zucchini bread this week.

*Deirdre*
08-19-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm now walking in trainers, and have to see the surgeon next month for the all clear/healed! Hope everyone is doing well. :heart:

PeggyB
08-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Great news Deirdre! Your patience is paying off. If you haven't tried it yet, sitting to paint isn't all that bad if you have a chair on wheels so you can easily push away from the easel on a regular basis.

*Deirdre*
08-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Thank you, Peggy...I keep having a dabble...but my Mojo isn't back yet...I'll keep looking for it, it's bound to turn up sometime!:evil: :lol:

*Deirdre*
09-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Septembers Scumble Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21436477#post21436477)