PDA

View Full Version : St. Teresa Island - a day at the beach

sun_merman
07-13-2001, 07:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2001/bookends1.jpg

I think this is done, but I'd welcome comments!

Rosebud
07-13-2001, 08:37 PM
Well.well...plein air...or"plein tit" ??!!:)

Maybe a little more "wet in wet" approach would work better !
(:evil: :D )

Rosebud

Leaflin
07-13-2001, 09:38 PM
It fits it's title.
I like it, very bright and colourful.
I feel the swimmer is a bit distracting and pulls you away from the ladies.
If that is possible!
(Now I know why you are smiling)

NorahT
07-13-2001, 10:41 PM
Nice painting sun-mer. I like the way you have shown the water glistening on the skin and from the short dark shadows we know that sun in high in the sky.

T-Rex
07-13-2001, 11:02 PM
Hiya SMer,

Enjoyed the beach,huh?:D :angel:

Seriously, you have a wonderful painting here, definitely have the feeling of a hot day and the girls look like they just came out of the water. Enjoy the mood and the color especially.

I didn't notice the swimmer. I think my eye got a little confused along the area where the girl in blue's knees are, maybe deepen the water slightly behind her knees. Actually, you don't need to do a thing. The picture has great impact and you should be very pleased w/ it.... I like it......Karen

Rod
07-14-2001, 03:46 AM
Its bright , bold and colourful, good strong contrasts.
I like it ,
It's too cold here for scenes like that :(
Rod

cheapciggies
07-18-2001, 10:57 AM
After studying your painting for a bit i found myself helping the girls look for whatever it is they have lost!"Hear lies one whos name was writ in water" Keats

wshuff
07-19-2001, 12:39 AM
I for one did not notice the swimmer, but then again, I think I was focused on other things.

Did you watch the movie "The Hot Spot" before you painted this? Reminds me of the scene where Jennifer Connelly (my favorite) and the other girl went swimming.

And oh yeah--I like it!

billyg
07-19-2001, 05:50 AM
Well done S&M,
Only comment apart from above would be that foreground/waters edge could be of a darker value to give more depth. Had to look for the swimmer.LOL
Billyg :D:D:D:D

RuthT
07-19-2001, 07:57 AM
I really like this painting sun-merman. It is a big stride forward in technique and composition - the subject obviously inspired you :)