PDA

View Full Version : pouring in sections ?

konsu
05-17-2018, 05:38 AM
Hello,

I have a design that has several different colors.

I would like to pour each color section separately. I am thinking to prepare different mixes for different sections of my design and pour one after the other.

The question is how to make the paint stop flowing on the boundaries of my sections so that it does not overflow to the adjacent areas on the painting? I am sure that this was done before...

Maybe outline the boundaries with a bead of silicone or think paint, thus creating ridges that the paint will stop at, wait for the bead to dry and then pour? But then I will end up with these beads visible everywhere...

Any advice?

Artchrispy
05-17-2018, 07:10 AM
Watercolorists when doing washes sometimes use removable masking fluid or liquid frisket which can be taken off. That in combination with tape might work. You could always touch up any blemishes with a brush. I don't know how well frisket works with canvas. I've tried tape before but there was always seepage underneath.

cliff.kachinske
05-17-2018, 10:19 AM
You can seal the masking tape edge with clear medium. Wait for it to dry, then apply your paint.

Beware about leaving the tape on too long. If everything is locked down it may pull the paint film away. All is not necessarily lost if this happens, though. You can glue the paint back down using mediu.

LavenderFrost
05-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Other people have more experience with this but another option is to do the pouring on another surface and peel it off and then cut the shape you want out of it.