PDA

View Full Version : hola ya'll

sir_real
11-08-2003, 11:17 PM
just a portrait i did of a friend. also...i have a question, since i my medium, atleast one of the main ones that i use, is oil pastel, but my style is more on the expressionistic/abstract side. would it be better to post here or in the abstract section-since i'm sorta crossing both lines?

leif

CarlyHardy
11-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the Pastel Forum!

We cross all borders when it comes to style in this forum, so you'll fit right in with your expressionist work. We do ask that oil pastels get an OP in the title. This way when someone is searching for info on OP, it's much easier to find them. :)

What surface are you working on?
carly

Luvy
11-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Welcome to WC and the pastel forum. Looks like you know what your doing with those oils. I can't get anything out of them LOL

sir_real
11-08-2003, 11:56 PM
gracias everbody. i'm just working on normal everyday drawing paper (can't remember the weight off the top of my head...something like 50lb's comes to mind though) -18"x24". nothing too special since by the time i'm done with the pastel work...paper is rarely seen anyways.

leif

Kathryn Wilson
11-09-2003, 12:34 AM
leif - don't leave us! I really like your stuff and would enjoy seeing more of it. So if you do go over to another Forum - please cross post to share with us.

Rosic
11-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Yes... Please make a home here!
I like the boldness of color you used.
Thought provoking!
Rosic

PCool
11-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Hola sir_real! I like your style. Very refreshing work.Thank you for sharing.

Greeble
11-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Hola! Welcome :D

Really cool painting :D

Jen

eileenclaire
11-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Leif,

I like your style! Keep posting here, I'd love to see more!

Eileen

Mikki Petersen
11-10-2003, 05:33 PM
I, too, like your style. Very new age and refreshing. You can always post to both forums. By posting to the Abstract forum, you will receive feedback specific to your particular style of work while by posting to this forum, you will receive feedback about the medium as well. I do landscapes and often cross-post to the Landscape forum.

sundiver
11-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Post in both!
We certainly want to see more of your work, and I'm sure they'd want to in the Abstract forum as well.
I can't make much of a critique of abstracts, but I find this one very appealing and like your style.