PDA

View Full Version : Infant Katie in Oil Pastel

eileenclaire
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi! I'm new to this forum. Here is my daughter Katie as a newborn in oil pastel and colored pencil on Canson paper. About 8 x 10. Thanks for looking!

Rosic
11-08-2003, 08:36 PM
WELCOME!!!:clap:

Congratulations on the beautiful painting and the MOST beautiful baby girl... she's a doll!;)
Rosic

sundiver
11-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Omigosh, this is amazing! I'd love to see progress images of the next one you do.

Luvy
11-08-2003, 11:53 PM
I just love portraits and this is exceptional Welcome to WC and can't wait to see more of your work *S* Beautiful:clap:

blissfullyunaware
11-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the Pastel forum :D ...

Beautiful baby, and the painting is well done too.... ;) :D!!

Looking forward to more ... thanks for sharing with us!

~~ Sharon

eileenclaire
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Thanks Rosic! She's still a doll and she's seven years old now!

Sundiver, you are so encouraging! This is only the second oil pastel I've done, and I don't feel confident enough yet to show WIP. Previous to this I had done about 7 graphite portraits, and wanted to try something in color. I really wanted to do it all in oil pastel, but just can't seem to get the details with them, so I had to resort to colored pencil for the fine details. My goal is to do it all with op. Does anyone have ideas on how to do that?

Luvy and Blissfullyunaware, thank you so much for your kind words. This site is incredibly encouraging and inspiring. I joined in April, but was so overwhelmed by how huge this site is that I didn't come back again till now, and I'm so glad I did!

I'm attaching the first oil pastel I did, of my daughter Emily as a baby. I wasn't very happy with it, but I think the more I do, the more I will improve.

Keemosabee
11-09-2003, 11:39 AM
I think both pictures you have done are beautiful.I have just started working with oil pastels also and have the same problem when it comes to detail.I know that there are sets of pastel pencils available, which I plan on purchasing as soon as my financial status allows..lol.
Keep up the good work, very nice job.

bnoonan
11-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Eileen - I just want to wrap this baby in my arms and hold her. It's lovely - you really captured those prescious moments of sleep and her little tiny hands.

Excellent work!!!!

Barb

eileenclaire
11-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Keemosabee! I'd love to see some of your work, hope you post it soon.

Barb, thanks so much for your comment, it made me feel great!:)

Mikki Petersen
11-10-2003, 04:01 AM
Well, If you are wishing for improvement, I'd say your wish was granted between the first and the second portrait. Cannot believe you got such amazing quality out of oil pastels! I'm definitely not using them right.