PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble May 2018

CM Neidhofer
04-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Here we are in another new month. Time just keep flying by. Another birthday this year brought along with it new health issues to deal with. Seems like every year is a new one now. Anyway, join us in the Scumble to discuss your every day lives, trials and tribulations, or a new piece of art. Love to see you here! :wave:

Here's a link to last month's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445461

water girl
05-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Christine, I hear you. Just know you are not alone on that.
Well, it's May 1st here in San Diego. I had put the sweaters, socks and nonsandal shoes away. I probably only wore them a half dozen times this winter. No rain, and 70 most of the time. It has finally climbed to 60 degree F. and sprinkling I know, I shouldn't complain :lol: :lol: but it feels like December today. At least my freshly planted vegetable garden will like the moisture.

*Deirdre*
05-01-2018, 05:34 PM
We had a brief summer...followed by wind and rain...hoping to have the real one soon! Fed up with wooly sweaters now!:lol:

water girl
05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
I have to share! I was asked to jury a local school district's annual show. This is at least the 5th time in 10 years and I love to see the creativity that comes from youth. There are always three judges. And...in a two weeks, I jury the student art at the huge county fair art show. That is perhaps the 12th time I've volunteered. Again, three to four judges judging one category out of many categories. I leave there so darned inspired.

PeggyB
05-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Thank you you Karen for volunteering to judge the youth art shows. I happen to know it is a LOT of work having also done so over the years. It can be difficult for the organizations to get volunteers, but it is so important to encourage the young artists.

Update on Amelia’s concussion. The MRI showed nothing about which to be concerned. :clap: She has been cleared to attend classes full time, and can go back to Jiu jitsu so long as she's careful. The doctor thinks any headaches now are being caused by anxiety, and has referred her to a post injury psychologist to help her work trough that. I think that's a very good idea since I've noticed she is tending to complain of "tingling" in the area of the concussion any time she is having to do something's she'd rather avoid academically or cleaning her room. She IS a lazy student in any subject she'd rather not do - such as language arts or social studies if it involves writing a paper!

Spring has arrived here. Several years in a row, a pair of juncos have made their nest in a hanging basket in front of the kitchen windows. Each year I've had to carefully water the flowers there to keep them alive. Last year I determined not to do that again this year, and "planted" fake flowers and greens in the dirt in the basket. It was quite amusing to watch the pair inspect the "remodeling". However, I think they may have accepted it because the two of them were bringing dried grass and small twigs to the basket a couple nights ago. Here's a picture of Dad inspecting the new home.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2018/1976948-IMG_5441.HEIC

CM Neidhofer
06-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Here's a ling to June's Scumble:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21374937#post21374937