PDA

View Full Version : Varnishing Screw-up

artbymatt
04-17-2018, 02:42 PM
I just started varnishing my most recent painting and it looks fine except for one area.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Apr-2018/2059363-20180417_1428141970.jpg

Part of it is cloudy and when I tried to go back over it with the brush, it looks like part of it came off. Is there a way I can fix this? Will it loo better when its completely dry and/or when I put a second coat of varnish on?

I'm thinking after this, I may just stick with spray varnish.

PattiLou
04-17-2018, 03:11 PM
What kind of paint did you use? Regular acrylics or slow drying or???? It looks like the paint was not quite dry and it lifted or maybe it was too thinned down with water.

artbymatt
04-17-2018, 03:24 PM
What kind of paint did you use? Regular acrylics or slow drying or???? It looks like the paint was not quite dry and it lifted or maybe it was too thinned down with water.

Regular Acrylics. Mainly Liquitex Heavy Body. Yeah I should have waited but got a little excited lol. It seemed dry when I touched it. I guess my main question is is this fixable or is the painting ruined?

Charlie's Mum
04-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Can you remove the varnish?
And ....... patience! Wait a good few days before varnishing - also use an isolation coat of medium before varnishing.