PDA

View Full Version : Waterffalls

YLCIA
07-13-2001, 12:22 PM
This one I did about 6 month ago partly real partly fantasy.canvas, acrylic,11"by13".

http://www.wetcanvas.com./Community/images/13-Jul-2001/painting22.jpg

caro
07-13-2001, 07:43 PM
very nice! I really like your choice of colours :)

Leaflin
07-13-2001, 09:57 PM
Wow! it just spilled out on my screen.
Very powerful, I can hear the thunder of the falls.
Well done.

YLCIA
07-13-2001, 10:07 PM
Leaflin, Caro thank you very much! I love water, maybe because I am Pieces?LOL
I always afraid to start to paint water but then I go: right or wrong:)

Javier
07-14-2001, 02:39 AM
Ylcia, "Waterfalls" even looks wet. Good job capturing the moment and the mood of the falls. I like the rocks and the way the water moves around and over them.

I enjoyed your painting very much. Thanks.

The Best,

YLCIA
07-14-2001, 08:52 AM
Thank You, thank you, Javier!

You guys made my day!:D :D

brendahofreiter
07-23-2001, 09:41 AM
:D Congratulations! You did well with the water and composition of this piece. I think it is very difficult to do a waterfall. I like the colors you used and the way the water moves around the rocks and comes toward you. I tried to paint a waterfall in Pishca, NC once, and it wasn't nearly as nice as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda

YLCIA
07-23-2001, 10:19 AM
Brenda,You are welcome!:) Thank You for the viewing and the comment:) .It was my first work involving water

LarrySeiler
07-23-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by YLCIA
Brenda,You are welcome!:) Thank You for the viewing and the comment:) .It was my first work involving water

I imagine it won't be your last either! Nice attempt especially for first.

Landscape painting like all forms has its adherents and appreciating viewers, and like other forms those that could take it or leave it. I think though that the appeal would be better understood by anyone that has experienced what amounts to "counsel" for the soul. I see it often when set up to paint at area falls....and see passerbys that come. Often unable to speak. Finding themselves crouching and just taking it in.

Something incredibly redemptive, replenishing. That we have the privilege to interact and hear secrets. That we touch a special moment and the painting becomes a record of that.

While I enjoy others enjoying my work, and am glad that a piece so affects them that they feel they must purchase it....I enjoy laying my works out, and for a brief moment looking at each one they trigger those feelings and memories of being there at that site.

That is one major thing I enjoy about plein air painting over my many years of painting in-studio. Gee...staring at my old detailed labored works...all I see in reflection is painstaking work in a stale environment. Don't even particularly want to relive that memory! hahahaha..... :D

Good going YLCIA !

Larry

YLCIA
07-23-2001, 01:17 PM
Larry , thank you for the encouraging remarks . I would think anybody who sees your works would want to buy it, the question is can everyone afford it?:D I do like all of your works I had the privilege to see.:)

animal
07-28-2001, 10:29 PM
:cool: This is Cool! I especially like the colours you have used.:clap: