PDA

View Full Version : Chimney Tops

Artchrispy
04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Hi Still learning a new technique. This is mostly acrylic inks. The foreground rocks are tube acrylics. It looks better from a few feet back. The photos is a little blurry. This is the peak of Chimney Tops in the Smoky mountains, Tennessee. Comments crits welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2018/131690-FinalChimn.jpg

Katie Black
04-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Very nice indeed.

Ok, I have to mention one thing. The rocks look a little too well placed/contrived IMHO. To counteract that could you place one more rock on top of two rocks, perhaps in a horizontal position.

I meant to say I am referring to the four large boulders at the bottom of the painting.

Artchrispy
04-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Very nice indeed.

Ok, I have to mention one thing. The rocks look a little too well placed/contrived IMHO. To counteract that could you place one more rock on top of two rocks, perhaps in a horizontal position.

Wow you are exactly right. I just Bob Rossed them in. . Ill need to fix that. Thanks! :)

Katie Black
04-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Isn't it weird how sometimes you can be so close to a painting that you literally can't see it!!

Recently I painted something and I just knew something was wrong with it..so I mentally check-listed everything, but I still couldn't see it.

When I showed it to my daughter she immediately said.."your paintings divided almost in half" I thought WHAT? and sure enough that was the problem, it almost looked like two different paintings..how odd is that. :D

talisman
04-15-2018, 06:35 PM
That's why this site is great...new eyes to see what we missed!
I like it and a fix on the rocks would make it great.

MaryThompson
04-15-2018, 06:48 PM
I like how you managed all the different greens.

gaykir
04-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Unique! Agree about the rocks but that will be an easy fix. The rest is very nice.

LavenderFrost
04-16-2018, 10:48 AM
Looks good.

dave woody
04-19-2018, 02:05 PM
The rocks don't bother me, they could be real for all I know.

I absolutely love the White skyline, top left corner colour dabbed superbly.