PDA

View Full Version : The Goalpost- April 2018 - feel free to join in!

*Deirdre*
04-02-2018, 06:25 AM
As Robert's in a different time zone and I'm in GMT ...I thought I'd start this for him....better late than never!:lol:

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Mij
04-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Hello Deidre and thanks for starting us off. I did look in yesterday but there was no one about and I assumed Robert was unwell. My goals for the month of April will have to be those I left unfinished from last month. It is virtually progressive and needs some things to be done first :angel:.
I hope all the others call in with the same or fresh goals if every thing was achieved last month :).

1.Complete the sorting of garage stuff into categories.
2.Fix rail track to base boards so I can have a roundy-roundy try. Connect the new NCE cab controller etc and try it out.
3. Start making some scenery for the model railway (I started a castle some time ago and it was awful, may take it apart and start again).
4.Paint the next miniature drawing in my sketch-book :angel::).
5.Make up/paint a back scene.
Jim

Judibelle
04-02-2018, 10:38 AM
thanks, Deidre, for starting us off this month....

Hi Jim...hope you are able to complete more goals this month...

I kinda fell down on my goals last month of finishing the Facebook Course I was taking, and doing one little pastel thing a day. So my goals for this month are to continue (to try) to do one-a-day and to start and do this month's Facebook course starting next week.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter Day...we are having a snowstorm at the moment....

water girl
04-02-2018, 01:34 PM
THank you Deidre! Hopefully Robert is just recovering from eating Easter Candy.
Jim, you always have such an organized goal list. I have to admire that.
Judibelle, you must be getting tired of the snow. It's April 2nd, for heaven's sake.
Being, the totally disorganized peron that I am, I had set the goal, I believe, to finish a painting of a cat. Instead, I bought myself a box of chocolates at Christmas, but was able to resist until two weeks ago. When I opened the box, I found new inspiration. Posted "Temptation Won" in the Gallery. Yesterday, I returned to the cat and hope to finish by tomorrow.

Mij
04-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Hi Judibelle. I hope you are able to achieve your goals this month. You still have snow? We had the 'beast from the East' a couple of weeks ago so it's not unknown in these parts as well.

Hello Karen, I do number my goals and write them out in a logical sequence as it separates them in my mind - sort of. It's probably a male thing. We don't multitask like you ladies :). I wish you the best of luck with it anyway.
Robert is the chappie for cats so I will leave that for his comment :).

Has anyone done any moulding with resin I wonder?
I am just thinking ahead that is all.
Jim.

robertsloan2
04-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Purr thank you, Deirdre. Yes, I was unwell. Still recovering from my hiking about Gulf Wars without even the walker, just on the cane. Not going to do that again. Ordered my new power chair battery today, with the upgrade to the batteries to add 25% more running time! Also before next year's, make sure to replace the walker and have that along too, it would have made a huge difference.

I think I'm going to have to scale back still farther on my own goals.

Try to get some art in, as often as possible. Did get one horse sketch in but can't remember which day, think it was 3/31 actually. Haven't got its photo yet to put up and today it's dark and rainy.

Jim, your railroad project sounds fantastic. Hope you'll have another go at the castle, would love to see that and your backdrop paintings, all that scenery and stuff. Sounds fun actually. I haven't done any resin moulding but I've seen it done and it didn't look that difficult if you can sculpt to make the mould, or if you buy moulds. I'd probably be trying to build a crumbling tower out of little pebbles and mortar if it was mine.

Karen, will have to have a look at your chocolate box painting and I'm looking forward to your cat! Love cat paintings. Will help if you have any trouble with felinity.

Judi, sorry to hear you didn't make your goals, it happens to everyone sometimes. Awesome you're heading back in for this month's class! Yay for one a day... I miss doing that, really miss it.

Aha. There's a goal.

This month I am going to try to reorganize and rearrange to make it easier to paint and sketch. I will try to do as much as possible both on organizing and on art. I will not beat myself up over how much I get done, just, see how much I can get done on Art and Artish - in this case actually including finding things I haven't seen since before I packed for Gulf Wars (like the easy to use lovely new Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft watercolor pencils) and getting stuff organized in a way I can get at it. These little things make a big difference when it's my mobility and energy that's limiting me. The easier I can make it, the more I actually do.

So, art when I can, and mainly try to reorganize and make art easier.

robertsloan2
04-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Karen, I love Miss Kitty, just wrote a rather long post about her. I can see why she took that much work because she is spectacular and her expression is perfect, you have so much emotion and communication there. Cats aren't solid, they're liquid with fur on it.

water girl
04-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Thank you, Robert. The chest area gave me fits, trying to paint the texture and color.

robertsloan2
04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
You got her just right. The shadows on her white fur are deep and dark enough for true and color nuances are wonderful. Love that cat.

Yesterday managed to post the pony in Art Journals and Watermedia, go me. I painted something anyway. Still haven't painted in April yet. Will soon of course. I think. I hope.

Mij
04-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Hello goalies, it's the last day of the month - again (well by the time you read this it will be anyway).
my goals were:-

1.Complete the sorting of garage stuff into categories. mostly failed:(
2.Fix rail track to base boards so I can have a roundy-roundy try. Connect the new NCE cab controller etc and try it out. Failed.:(
3. Start making some scenery for the model railway (I started a castle some time ago and it was awful, may take it apart and start again). Failed:(
4.Paint the next miniature drawing in my sketch-book :angel::). Failed:(
5.Make up/paint a back scene. Got pre-photoed and printed back scenes instead.:eek::(
On the other hand I did do a lot of research online looking at locomotives and I got a 'spy-pen' which I took apart and will hopefully use it to make videos of a loco following the track.
This is it :-

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2018/69634-spy-pen.jpg

Jim.