PDA

View Full Version : Paula Ann Ford

David Patterson
03-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Paula Ann Ford passed away yesterday from a painful battle with pancreatic cancer. She was the love of my life, an amazing artist, a mentor, and my best friend!

Many of you do not know me or Paula, but WC is where we met. Paula was a guide in the pastel forums here for many years. Paula helped thousand of artist discover and enjoy the pastel medium. Her love touched my heart, her art enveloped my soul! Her love and special memories will stay with me and others the rest of our lives. Heaven just received a wonderful artist, and Im sure her landscape paintings in heaven will be gorgeous!

Please pray for myself, Ron, her kitties, family, and loved ones! RIP Paula...you will be missed by many!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2018/65479-Paula7-12-15SQ.jpg

chuas2
03-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Thank you, Mr. Patterson.

Though we never met in person, Paula Ann Ford touched my heart also. The beauty she created in every painting (and especially for me, the one that hangs in a place of honor in my home) will forever remind me:

The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
~ W.B. Yeats

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2018/208492-Tennessee-River-View-Paula-Ann-Ford_web.jpg

Journey well and be at peace, Paula Ann Ford.

stapeliad
03-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Thank you for letting us know. :(

water girl
03-29-2018, 02:04 PM
David, I am very sorry for your loss. So many of us have been touched by Paula's kindness and quiet enthusiasm for life and art. You were fortunate to have been so close to a woman loved and admired by so many. She was the queen of foliage and she inspired many here on WC. The pastel world will miss Paula.

Donna T
03-29-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, David, and you have my sincere sympathy. Paula was a gentle voice of encouragement in this forum and such a talented artist. Thank you for letting us know.

DAK723
03-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Oh God, what awful news. My condolences go out to you, her family and all who knew her.

When I joined WetCanvas, Paula was one of the guides here in the pastel forum. Not only were her paintings beautiful, but her enthusiasm, encouragement and positive attitude inspired many of us. When I became a guide, Paula became a colleague and an internet friend. She set the tone for the pastel forum, and as a guide I have always tried to bring the same encouragement and positive attitude to the pastel forum that Paula did. It has now been many years since Paula joined us here at WC, but in my mind she will always be a part of the pastel forum.

Don

David Patterson
03-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Karen, Donna, and Don! I remember all three of you! WC is where Paula and I met in 2005. We ended up getting married in September of 2014. We were so happy...then cancer destroyed our lives! Heaven is getting a wonderful pastel artist!

water girl
03-29-2018, 08:33 PM
David, I remember spotting you in the lobby of the hotel in Albuquerque quite a few years ago at IAPS. I knew you and Paula from Wetcanvas. That may be the same convention where I first met Paula in person. She was the most amazing woman. Again, I'm so, so sorry.

Artaxerxes
03-29-2018, 10:29 PM
David, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost mine to something similar in 2001. Your spouse is part of you that can never be replaced. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of my wife and the many wonderful years we had together.

I will pray for you and your family during this time of grief. May God bless and take care of you.

kcwhitney
03-30-2018, 04:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear.

I knew of her only through her postings in the forum, but her beauty, kindness, and warmth were clear in her writing. It is a loss for us all. You weren't the only one to fall in love with her on this forum.

*Marina*
03-30-2018, 11:13 AM
David, I amso sorry to hear this. I remember her as a very friendly artist who encouraged every one in this forum. My thoughts are with you.

westcoast_Mike
03-30-2018, 01:42 PM
David, sorry to hear this. I got a lot of good advice and tips from Paula when I was starting out with pastels. I also lost my mom to the same disease, so I understand what you and Paula went through. My thoughts are there for both of you.

Ruthie57
03-30-2018, 02:10 PM
I am very sorry to hear of Paula's passing. She was one of the people who really encouraged me at the beginning of my art/pastel journey way back in 2008. I was so glad to find wet canvas and she was one of the big reasons for that. I believe she was a lovely lady and I know she touched the lives of many. My heartfelt and sincere condolences go to you and all her family.

*Deirdre*
03-30-2018, 03:36 PM
So sorry for your loss David- she was much respected and cherished by all her friends on Wetcanvas too. She helped so many emerging artists, who will be forever grateful for her tuition, time given selflessly and for no reward, other than seeing their improvement over her many long years as a pastel guide on the Soft Pastel Forum. She will be missed....RIP Paula.

allydoodle
03-30-2018, 07:01 PM
I also met Paula here on Wet Canvas. She was such a driving force here, so very nice and encouraging. She was always offering positive words of advice, and she shared her knowledge freely, as well as her beautiful photographs in the RIL. She will be missed by many. Paula made her mark in the art world, especially in the pastel orbit. She will always be the Queen of Trees..... I remember when she purchased her h-frame easel. I purchased the same one based on her recommendation here in WC.

I am so very sorry for your loss David.

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2018, 11:51 AM
I am heartbroken to hear this. Paula was such a lovely person and artist. I "met" her through her website, where we communicated about our shared love and respect for the natural world, and I remember how encouraging and supportive she was when I was first starting out painting. She brought so much beauty to the world, and she will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace, Dear Paula.

robertsloan2
04-06-2018, 05:23 PM
This hurts deep. I live in Paula Ford country now, surrounded by the kinds of scenes she loved to paint. Trees and ponds and barns, distant soft old mountains climbing into the blue... it is so beautiful here. I had this hope that someday she'd be able to visit and we could paint outdoors together. It's never to be now.

I miss her more than I can say.

I have one of her small paintings in storage, one that I remember to the last stroke and studied so close to learn her techniques. It's stored like all the art I've collected, but I treasure it so much. I won't get to show her how it's framed on my studio wall once I get that built. There are so many things I wanted to tell her. There are so many things I wanted to share with her. She's gone and there's a gap in my life now.

I met her here on WC and she did some class or tutorial that I dropped in on, that's how I came to know her. Or I commented on some of her paintings first. It's hard to tell whether the class was my first time meeting her here. But she was always so encouraging and helpful, she reached out to everyone and we had some incredible threads going sometimes. I wanted to know her better, wanted to share my life with her offline too, and now she's gone.

Rest well, Paula. I love you still.

lovingmylife
04-07-2018, 08:30 PM
So very sorry to hear of this, David. The world, and you, lost a treasure.:grouphug:

Frances Obie
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM
This is very sad news David. I talked to Paula many times on the Pastel forum. She had a warm and generous presence there. The trees that she painted were always soft and beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jo Castillo
04-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Thank you, David, for sharing your stories. Paula was my "Queen of Trees", too. She always shared and encouraged us. She will be missed. I learned a lot from her here on wc. Hugs to you and the family.

rugman
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear. Paula was my friend when I started on Wet Canvas, always encouraging and willing to help. I always looked forward to her paintings she posted.....prayers for you David during this tough time....

AnnieA
04-26-2018, 12:01 PM
It's been years since I participated in the Pastel forums, but I still remember the encouragement Paula gave me and so many others starting out on our art journeys. She was a wonderful artist - I can still see in my mind's eye a beautiful piece she did of misty blue mountains on a trip she took - and incredibly generous with her time in helping others. I'm sure her gentle presence will be deeply missed here in the forum. Rest in peace, Paula, and my prayers for her family.

Yorky
04-27-2018, 01:25 AM
Condolences on the loss of your wife David, she will be sadly missed.

Doug