PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On, Eh?

Roan
07-13-2001, 10:31 AM
First off, I'd like to apologize for not keeping the conversations rolling in here. I've been:

<LI> busy getting things ready for the baby's arrival (tentatively August 6th)
<LI> exploring colored pencil as I don't wish to use pastels while I am pregnant and my studio is in a 1,000 pieces -- we're moving it into the basement so the baby can have this room
<LI> working on the Hall of Fame

I *am* here, though, and will post more once we get things more in readiness for His Royal Highness :)

nancymae
07-13-2001, 10:42 AM
We miss ya Roan!!! But understandable...seems like 9 months is not enough time to get ready for a baby!! Good luck on the approaching day....we are all thinking of you!! I KNOW you are missing your pastels!!

Take care,
Nancy

Ruth
07-14-2001, 08:30 AM
Hang in there Roan! Being hugely pregnant in the summer isn't easy either -- I know, I've been there! :D

Take it easy and get lots of rest now while you can!

Ruth

Roan
07-17-2001, 06:50 AM
Thanks, guys!

This is the first time I've been pregnant during summer prime time and the weather down here is MUCH hotter than what I'm used to. It's really taking its toll with my legs and feet swelling -- sometimes I can't walk :(

I've been hiding in the house since the beginning of my 3rd trimester and sleeping most of the time :)

We finally got my studio moved into the basement over the weekend. It's all in boxes and I'm slowly unpacking that at night and during the day working on Connor's room. I didn't realize just how many thumb tacks I'd stuck in the wall in there and I think I've gone through an entire jar of spackle already.

Tonight I'm going to treat myself and get hubby to help me unpack that brand new easel I bought a few months ago. It's a BEST University and too large for me to handle on my own. I've been DYING to set it up!

Bobbie
07-19-2001, 01:40 PM
Dear Roan,
I think you do an incredible job! I can even remember, in the prehistoric days, when I was pregnant in the spring, and that was no picnic.
So nice to see you on the Pastel Painters list!

TeAnne
07-20-2001, 03:19 AM
Just take it easy, look after you and bub first. THATS an order. :D

Leaflin
07-30-2001, 04:04 PM
Hi Roan
Have missed you in the animal and wildlife forum.
I hope you got to enjoy this last weekend of cooler weather here.
Look forward to that post around the 6th. :D

LDianeJohnson
07-30-2001, 06:59 PM
Ditto everyone's well wishes and encouragement to you Roan. We'll keep the home fires burning while you take care of yourself and new tiny family member!

You are in my prayers.

Diane

Abu Haidar
08-02-2001, 05:41 AM
:clap: Wish for you and the little jewel health and happiness ....

Baby boy or girl ?
Need my suggestion for the name, Roan ? :D