View Full Version : choosing spirits
full 'n a couple details
c&c always welcomed
thanks for lookin'
03-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Very creepy..the boney hand is a nice touch.
03-26-2018, 06:47 PM
1. thank you for sparing the viewer's life this time. refreshing. maybe this is an image of an afterlife party. the soul after life-party.
2. choosing the leftmost coppar-y vial unless i have to drink it. comparing vapours (spirits), that's the one.
3. magic. the 3D/2D play is amazing, the colors in the iridescent flask are alive, every time i move my eyes and back it's changed,
4. is the same as the 1st: the relief ! of being able to keep looking without physical pain is really, really nice. but only as a temporary breather, mind you.
5. i_love_your_cerulean. after zooming in on all the gremlins, this one i can't get enough of in full shot. it's the colors. it's wonderful. details keep coming, i want to go talk with it.
6. the near beard hand crab is so Odilon Redon - big heart.
03-27-2018, 02:34 AM
I love the colors on the right, particularly the mid-lower right. Beautiful.
Peculiar and slightly disturbing. The foreground seem like a deliberate distraction. I see a guy, sloping shoulders, necktie and sports coat. It looks like one hand is coming out of the knot of his tie and another has its fingers edging out of his breast pocket, right in front of the hankie. Does he also have something up his sleeve??
03-27-2018, 06:03 AM
I'm leaving the lights on after looking at this and I won't touch a drop :)
03-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Lots going on with this one behind the scenes so to speak.
03-27-2018, 09:02 AM
You are on a roll just now, this is fantastic!
03-27-2018, 10:16 AM
This is creept in a good way. I really love your colors!
sweet, thanks guys 'n gals! :)
apparently i still do my most interesting (and fun) work with paint-overs, lol
will fix the 'tie' to appear more bottle like and the pocket to look more like a vessel, thanks bi, for that insight :), fine lines between conception, suggestion and interpretation.
ron, 1. you're invited, but not for many years ;)
03-28-2018, 08:09 PM
Love it.....the hand the most. It's placed just right.
This type of playground is where you do your very best work. IMHO
Imagination on overload!:thumbsup:
thanks babs :)
little adjustments done
04-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Hi la -
At first look, this felt like a happy, playful painting. Nice luminescent colors applied in a kind of streaky, vertical way, in a pleasing arrangement of spirit bottles.
The two humorous touches, of a tipsy bottle first, and then the hand of someone with a hangover, trying to climb out of another bottle into which they had figuratively fallen the night before.
Then I read the comments . . .
I guess I am really out of step on this one also (nothing unusual about that).
I still think it is a happy , amusing piece, very well executed, and it is very appealing to me.
thanks trier, i have such fun with subtle and much fun in knowing of other interpretations - color is a wonderful disguise/influence in the play value of that. happy that appealing amusement won.
04-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Very appealing. Not sure why but I'm reminded a bit of clem's work. (a former regular in the forum) Good stuff as usual La!
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.