PDA

View Full Version : Collage, untitled

graphicali
03-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Another collage, rectangular format this time. Acrylic painted papers, a little larger than A4. Will probably make a small change to the lower strip that points to the base.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2018/106950-20180320_164031-01.jpeg

Boafamily
03-20-2018, 02:08 PM
This looks like a 3D work as the black really pushes everything else forward big time...nice one

graphicali
03-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Thank you Anthony!

ronsu18
03-20-2018, 04:13 PM
agree, 3d to the extent i'm wondering if it's the accurate colours or the day's light, as in, do the others look 3D IRL?
by now your mindboggling tempo becomes the subject, it's not possible to look past that. i'm in awe. you keep the focus so pure in every one, the ingenuity fresh, the angles evolving. this one is a city adventure, cloudy day, active, nourishing and chic... :)

DreamSketcher
03-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Love the choice of colours and mix of lines and curves.
You work fast! I am a slowpoke.:)

jimwhalen
03-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Wow you work fast...this series is making me run out of fresh ways to express my awe!

Bilateral
03-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Like the rectangular presentation a lot. The black really does set the stage and the composition of the other pieces is superb. Colors couldn't work better.
What size are these pieces? They would work in any size, but IMHO could be spectacular on a very large scale surface.

graphicali
03-21-2018, 02:16 AM
Thanks folks!

These are the good ones, there's also about four that didn't work out. You have to remember that I already made the papers that I am collaging a week or so ago, apart from a few that I made one day last week. The rest of the process is mainly assemblage, other than a bit of paint for tweaking.

I am on a roll just now, at some point the steam will run out and I will have a few days of replenishing the water of ideas as it were. I always work like this, in frenetic bursts of activity, when I forget :angel: to clean the house or do any of the normal day to day stuff. My brain gets consumed by making art. Not that I do much cleaning up normally!

As far as the 3d effect, the colours on this are fairly accurate on my screen, a couple of previous ones were very slightly out of whack but not too much. You do get a bit of 3d effect on a couple of the previous ones.

On this one, the push me, pull me effect of the colours against each other is strong as well as the effect of the colours against the black. It has always fascinated me that if you get just the right colours against each other they give the effect of distance.

graphicali
03-21-2018, 02:19 AM
Oops, forgot to say this is a bit larger than A4, the previous ones were all around 35cm sq.

graphicali
03-21-2018, 05:54 AM
Another thought that just occured to me on the 3d effect. More space round the edges of the action, this is rectangular rather than square as well, gives more of a 3d effect.

ronsu18
03-21-2018, 09:21 AM
I am on a roll just now,

:clap: :clap: :clap: say the bleachers. as long as components for superpower smoothies materialise in your house, burn brightly!
have to nod to Bilateral; one of these works as limited series giclée, meter and a half each side...swoon.

KreativeK
03-21-2018, 12:33 PM
Very nice! Superb arrangement of key colors.

KramNos
03-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Wow. I really love this. Such great color.

I know this sounds weird, but it excites my tastebuds (am I the only one who gets that sensation from art?). It doesn't happen often, so thanks for that. I'd love to see some pics from a slight angle to show off the texture even more.

Mark

Katie Black
03-21-2018, 07:12 PM
Wonderful.

graphicali
03-22-2018, 07:07 AM
Thanks ronsu, I have no idea what bleachers are but the little clapping guys look like it would be positive, :) The print idea is good, might try one and see.
Thanks Kay and Katie! Mark, thank you much appreciated, but I think maybe it would be a bit chewy...

ronsu18
03-22-2018, 07:35 AM
wrong lingo, sorry.
"In the United States, bleachers or stands are raised, tiered rows of benches found at sports fields and other spectator events.
us onlookers are cheering you on!

graphicali
03-22-2018, 07:36 AM
Aaaaah! Definitely thank you then!