PDA

View Full Version : nothing but an art ache

saje
03-14-2018, 05:03 PM
sculpture, 11x18x4 inch. plaster, wc, acrylic
this is somewhere between the knife and the chisel. these pieces just seem to creep into my art.

thanks for looking

birdhs
03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
oh my.......

Without a doubt you are one of the most interesting and exciting artists here on WC!
Thank you for the great photography showing us the physicality and texture of these pieces.Without the photos, the piece would not make sense.

Thanx for sharing this with us

greggo

graphicali
03-15-2018, 03:52 AM
Interesting work and I agree with Greggo, the photos are essential to see this piece properly.

KreativeK
03-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Your 3D effects are a surprise because when first seeing it you can't tell.

cmallav
03-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Very interesting piece!

saje
03-15-2018, 01:28 PM
thanks for your comments all.

about fifty percent of my art lately has been this crossing the line between painting with a knife and sculpting to 3D. this really hasn't been my intent but rather pieces that lead me to envision the blend to two mediums. i do not consider myself a painter but sometimes the challenge is getting beyond the paint-by-number part of this. the paint-by-number method is when you have a 3d object or say a line defined horizon, the painting is dictated by the form as the lines.

there are the two skyscrapers that were formed and attached to the piece. the other buildings are painted. the sky is made up of flat surfaces as i also used a paint brush to apply wet plaster to add depth to the surface. there are basically three 3D perspectives to the piece. the dimensional person is jumping from one level to the other. the sun is a swooping movement that pulls the sky with it.
3d perception is a perceptual mistake and taking this from normalacy to denial is a play i enjoy.

Bilateral
03-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Clever integration of 2- and 3-D. Fun, provocative and highly original.

john
03-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Very cool. A cut above the ordinary.