PDA

View Full Version : sennelier abstract ,sennelier pigments vs liquitex vs golden ?

csayantan
03-10-2018, 02:46 AM
hi

what is the major differences in terms of pigments of these brands ? are they closer to each other ? are they competitive to each other ? i am referring few brands eg. sennelier abstract ,sennelier pigments vs liquitex vs golden acrylic?

plz provide some info.

thx
csayantan

cliff.kachinske
03-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Pigments are generally listed on the package. The Dick Blick website lists pigments for most paint brands, including important characteristics.

I have a couple of packages of the Sennelier Abstract paint. It's a student paint, so the colors are a little bit less intense than the Golden or Liquitex products. I don't use it because it fills up my little painting room with the smell of ammonia. If you have a bigger space or better ventilation that might not be a problem.

I really only use 4 colors most of the time. I like the way the Golden phthalo blue looks on may palette, so it's the one I use. Same with the Golden hansa yellow medium. There is no difference, to my eye, between the Golden quinacridone magenta and the Liquitex product. It's often possible to get the Liquitex products on sale in the USA.

csayantan
03-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Sennelier Abstract is quoted as artist paint. :-?

cliff.kachinske
03-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Sennelier Abstract is quoted as artist paint. :-?

No, it's a student paint.

csayantan
03-11-2018, 06:48 AM
No, it's a student paint.

great can be used for ground :clap:
dick blick does not have easy shipping in india or my city . only option is amazon .

csayantan
03-12-2018, 03:15 AM
is Winsor & Newton Professional Acrylic Color Paint okey to replace sennilier too ?

tiago.dagostini
03-12-2018, 05:05 AM
W&N Professional Golden and Liquitex are all good Artist brands.