PDA

View Full Version : Some recent work (MI)

JCmccool
03-06-2018, 01:12 AM
I have three new pieces I'd like to share and as always C & C is always welcome and encouraged with my art.

Title: Paths
Medium: Acrylic on paper
Size: 9x12"

More often than not, I like to leave the interpretation up the interpreter but this piece has a lot of emotion behind it as well as a story. Short version: a relative near and dear to me is in a situation that is not great to be in. And while laying in bed awake trying to understand why she would choose this, I had to get it out one of the only ways I know how. So at 3 am i jumped out of bed and went right down to the studio and got started. The lines represent a path and as you see there are different paths. The squares represent signs. The circles speak to how her situation will only repeat and get worse (circle getting larger) as time goes on. Red is passion, emotion, maybe even anger. Blue is wisdom, enlightenment, purity. Purple is new beginnings. White is light and black is dark, regret, misery and unhappiness. I've combined these shapes and colors and their meanings into this piece.

Title: Untitled
Medium: Acrylic on Paper
Size: 9x12"

Had a bunch of fun with this one. Listening to some jazzy sounds (maybe a few pop songs too :music: ) Went to a music store with my sister because she needed some item for her guitar not sure what but the nice clerk let me play with a violin! I was horrible but boy it was fun. Inspiration for this.

Title: Untitled
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 11x14"

This took me a few days. I would do a layer, step back and stare and then get back at it. Or Id take a picture of it and during downtime Id stare at it and get more inspired with every layer I put on. Once again coinciding with what I feel most colors symbolize.

Thanks everyone!

Boafamily
03-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Nice work and the stories are what really pull folks in allowing them to look deeper, so Bravo and I see what you were/are feeling clearly my friend.

KreativeK
03-06-2018, 09:36 AM
These are very colorful and though provoking created with lots of emotion. Your Instagram is very nicely done, too, JC!

JCmccool
03-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Thank you both so much for the compliments. 🙂

Katie Black
03-06-2018, 06:28 PM
I also enjoyed the narrative behind each piece and I particularly enjoyed the first one.

Artchrispy
03-06-2018, 09:25 PM
I especially like the first one. Even though I wouldn't have been able to guess at the back story I can tell there's personal symbolism in there and it just vibrates with soul. Well done.

Bilateral
03-07-2018, 01:54 AM
I'm also fond of the first one too, though the others are quite nice as well. The only comment I would offer for that first piece is that your blue for wisdom is a little flat. This could be the situation your friend is in, but suggest some additional shading or alternative blue hues to give it some life. You have a good story going there and the reds are comparatively well developed.